General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Sick and tired of it

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 10 Jan 2010 13:53

The kids around here are making my life a misery.

Just heard a very loud thump on the window - snowballs again.

Why they pick on me I do not know.

Had trouble with stones, sweets and eggs thrown at the windows.

They think they can get over the back fence and stroll down my back path. Almost caught 5 of them one night.

My front garden is not a rubbish tip or somewhere they can ride their bikes.

Fed up with the knock and run away gangs

Etc, etc, etc.

Why ?

Rambling

Rambling Report 10 Jan 2010 13:58

Short answer is because they are mindless morons...
If for no other reason than that i got my son and myself away from that situation, I am so thankful to have moved in 2008.

The crunch point for me was when I turned from my computer late one night and saw someone looking back at me through patio doors...and his mate banging on my son's window ( bungalow ) .

I do sympathise Glitterbaby , it drags you down to a terrible low...if it isn't happening, then you are waiting for it to happen...shreds the nerves.

xx

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 10 Jan 2010 14:03

It is not always the same kids.

They do nothing too my neighbours so why me?

One lot would knock on my door - one would pretend to be a garden gnome and the others asked did I want a garden gnome.

Last week one young kid shouted very loudly in my ear as he walked past.

One kid accused me of letting one of my dogs bite him.

There have been so many more incidents and that is without saying what had been done to my car - which I had to get rid of 15 months ago.

Well I hope this little b* fell over in the snow when he ran away - only about 5-6 years of age.

This has been going on for at least 4 years now

Maureen

**Stella ~by~ Starlight**★..★..★

**Stella ~by~ Starlight**★..★..★ Report 10 Jan 2010 14:08

i live on a council estate and the same thing happens to me..including small damage to my car...the egg is awful to get off especially if you can't reach it

i have noticed that if you appear to take no notice they get less fun out of it and move on, other thing is that i always smile and speak to the youngsters, and many of them now speak when they see me, one who used to be a real hooligan knocked at my door one day most concerned because i had left my keys on the outside.

i know it's hard but it does help if you can smile and laugh at them...even if you are seething inside

xx

MarionfromScotland

MarionfromScotland Report 10 Jan 2010 14:15

Little turds they are.

It's not nice. We had a spell of things going on a few years ago.The ring leader seems to have grown up now and its all stopped.
Best ignore as much as you can, seems the more you say the more they will bother you.

Marion

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 10 Jan 2010 14:18

Have tried to ignore the problem. It just does not go away.

Had 4 lots of eggs in 3 weeks and that was after dark.

I have not been out to clear off what ever is on my front window from last week yet - too slippery out.

MarionfromScotland

MarionfromScotland Report 10 Jan 2010 14:23

Are you on and end house by any chance?

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 10 Jan 2010 14:33

Hi Maureen,
I'd take note every time there was an incident.
If it's a council estate, and you have evidence that they're using your garden as a short cut, you may be able to get your fence raised.

I had a problem a while back with kids gathering outside the front hedge (10 foot tall leyalndii). They'd throw bottles and rubbish over the hedge, and shove it down between the fence & the trees. Solved the latter by putting a strip of barbed wire on the inside of the fence (probably illegal - but it WAS my side)- didn't stop them throwing stuff over - but they knew I was aware and wasn't happy!
They also made a lot of noise late at night.
That was solved by the local drug dealer opposite hollering at them on more than one occasion, and finally, my going out, hedge trimmer in hand and proceeding to cut the hedge around them muttering about there being so much bleeding noise I may as well make more. They tried to 'tough' it out, but got a bit flustered when, whilst cutting the hedge, i reached into the hedge, pulled out rubbish and asked whose it was!
As they wandered off, I 'suggested' they take their rubbish with them in future, or, as I knew who they were, they may find it in their garden, with a note to their parents about why!
They've grown up now, and it's hilarious to see how moralistic they are about the misbehaviour of younger kids!

RStar

RStar Report 10 Jan 2010 17:20

Glitter baby and Stella, I know how you feel because we're going through similar, although perhaps not quite as bad as you, and I want to move.

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 10 Jan 2010 17:54

Hi folks,

Really do not know what to suggest on this problem.

I am actually the middle house of three.

Across the road is a council estate where most of the kids seem to disappear.

The Police told me to photograph the kids.

Perhaps they do not like my southern accent up here in East Yorkshire. They certainly do not like the few Polish in this town.

Have tried to ignore them but words seems to have got around - goes quiet for a few weeks - then get a different group of kids.

Would you believe it but there is a CCTV camera which could look right into my front room and another about 50 yards down the road to my right. If the Police ever caught anything on the cameras then I do not get told about it.

Oh well I have calmed down now.

Thanks for all the replies.

Maureen

**Stella ~by~ Starlight**★..★..★ Report 10 Jan 2010 18:14

i live in an end house as well..easy for them to disappear round the corner...

i can't discuss it with my neighbours either as none of them speak the same language as me...lol

RStar

RStar Report 10 Jan 2010 18:26

We need a lottery win ladies....................

**Stella ~by~ Starlight**★..★..★ Report 10 Jan 2010 18:54

it doesn't upset me as much these days Romany..i have lived here for 17 years and sometimes i think it's better the devil you know...lol

Lindsey*

Lindsey* Report 10 Jan 2010 19:04

When you win the lottery , for £400 a mosquito alarm guaranteed to disperse teenagers is due !