General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Anyone in Southampton/Portsmouth area??

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

ask

ask Report 10 Jan 2010 17:46

My husband is due to fly from Belfast to Southampton tomorrow, travelling by train to Portsmouth. He has interview early Tuesday morning travelling back Tuesday evening. Watching weather reports etc but would appreciate any info about weather conditions trains etc from people in the area. Thanks Anne

Debbie

Debbie Report 10 Jan 2010 18:09

Hi Anne

I dont think he will have any problems the main roads are clear, though it is still very snowy everywhere and the pavements are side roads are still thick and icy with it, some of the girls I work with travelled to Cosham (a couple of stops before Portsmouth) from Southampton by train on Thursday. The snow we had predicted for this weekend never arrived, in fact the snow that was predicted for a lot of places today didnt arrive (we had to go through Essex today and was expecting terrible weather and it wasnt bad).

Good luck to your husband with his interview.

Debs

*** Mummo ***

*** Mummo *** Report 10 Jan 2010 19:08

Hi Anne, l live in Portsmouth and today the snow was thawing quite quickly as long as we don't have any snow tonight your OH should be ok.
Good luck to him for tomorrow.

ask

ask Report 10 Jan 2010 21:31

Thank you both for replying, had visions of OH being stranded somewhere!! Very cold here, snow frozen over but no further falls today. All being well he will get away tomorrow afternoon, snow forecast for us tomorrow night! Thanks again Anne