General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

SPAM EMAIL HITS A NEW LOW

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

DIZZI

DIZZI Report 10 Jan 2010 23:52

THE USUAL SPAM MAIL'
I HAVE $100000 NEED HELP TO GET OUT
OF THE ...YOU KNOW WHAT THEIR LIKE

LATEST I AM AN AMERICAN SOLDIER IN IRAQ
TOTALY DISGUSTING TO USE THIS AS A CON

DIZZI

DIZZI Report 10 Jan 2010 23:55

THIS TYPE SHOULD BE TRACED

I am serving in the military of the 1st Armored Division in Iraq, as our mission here is highly exclusive due to insurgents everyday and car bombs are attacking our peaceful mission here.

We managed to secure funds from the war zone. The total amount is US$ 9 Million dollars in cash.

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 11 Jan 2010 08:10

These spoof emails have been doing the rounds for years Gwen, they are not new.

I would urge anyone who gets any sort of email like this one, or any that are warning type ones which worry you to google "snopes" , put in part of the text such as "soldier - Iraq" and see what it throws up if its true story or a fake chain sort of mail.

DIZZI

DIZZI Report 11 Jan 2010 09:14

I KNOW THEY HAVE

I AM JUST POINTING OUT
HOW LOW THEY STOOP