General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

EMAIL SCAM THIS SHOULD BE TRACED

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

DIZZI

DIZZI Report 10 Jan 2010 23:59

NO APPOLOGIES THAT ITS ON CHAT AS WELL

THE USUAL SPAM MAIL'
I HAVE $100000 NEED HELP TO GET OUT
OF THE ...YOU KNOW WHAT THEIR LIKE

LATEST I AM AN AMERICAN SOLDIER IN IRAQ
TOTALY DISGUSTING TO USE THIS AS A CON

DIZZI

DIZZI Report 11 Jan 2010 00:00

I am serving in the military of the 1st Armored Division in Iraq, as our mission here is highly exclusive due to insurgents everyday and car bombs are attacking our peaceful mission here.

We managed to secure funds from the war zone. The total amount is US$ 9 Million dollars in cash.

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 11 Jan 2010 02:13

I had this one months ago Gwen, get them all the time from various sources.

Lizx

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 11 Jan 2010 09:25

But this one is particularly distasteful.

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 11 Jan 2010 09:49

"our mission here is highly exclusive due to insurgents everyday" ... what does that even mean?? A "highly exclusive mission" ...

I'm offended by it for the same reasons I'm offended by any of these scams. They hope to hurt stupid people.

But frankly, when any of them claim to be making off with *public money* from anywhere -- be it a member of the US military ripping off the Iraqi public or a Nigerian banker ripping off the Nigerian public -- the idea is equally offensive. And you have to be more than stupid to fall for it, you have to be greedy and have no conscience to even consider getting involved.

Not you, Dizzi. ;)

So, pretty much, anybody who fell for this one or others of that ilk would deserve anything they got. It's called committing a crime. Or breaking a commandment. Whatever rule you prefer.

The name varies but the message seems to stay the same:

I am SSG Dewayne Pittman, an active American soldier serving in Iraq, I am serving in the military of the 1st Armored Division in Iraq, as our mission here is highly exclusive due to insurgents everyday and car bombs are attacking our peaceful mission here. We managed to secure funds from the war zone. The total amount is US$ 9 Million dollars in cash. We want to move this money out of this place,this place is a war zone, so that you may keep our share for us till when we will come over to meet you.We will take 70%, my partner and I.You take 30%. No strings attached, just help us move it out of Iraq, Iraq is a war zone. We plan on using diplomatic courier and shipping the money out in a large box, using diplomatic immunity. If you are interested I will send you the full details, my job is to find a good partner that we can trust and that will assist us. Can I trust you? When you receive this letter, kindly send me an e-mail signifying your interest including your most confidential telephone/fax numbers for quick communication also your contact details. This business is risk free. The box can be shipped out in 48hrs if you want to handle the deal with us as brothers. Respectfully, SSG Dewayne Pittman

SueMaid

SueMaid Report 11 Jan 2010 09:57

As you say Janey - greedy and immoral if you were silly enough to go for it.

Sue