General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

"Roots" by Alex Haley.....

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 11 Jan 2010 22:16

Some months ago there was a thread about books (not Ann Gloc threads), and l said l had just started reading "Roots".....someone else said how their OH lkes this kind of book.....well whoever that was they can have mine in a few weeks or maybe less, l've almost finished it. Its taken me about 2 mths maybe longer, so so slow but wow what a brilliant book.
Very strange but a few weeks after starting to read the book l got chatting to a lady in a charity shop, she overheard me talking about Roots. She and her late OH had actually been to the village where Kunta Kinte was born....how about that:o)

jude :o)

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 11 Jan 2010 22:24

Glad you are enjoying it, I do remember somebody saying they wanted to read it but can't for the life of me remember who it was.

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 11 Jan 2010 22:36

Hello Ann

It might be Mummo, not sure though. l will pm her in the morning.....l have another sore throat so oft to bed with 2 paracetamol:o(

jude x

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 12 Jan 2010 09:35

Budgie....perhaps there is a dvd, will have to check it out:o)

jude :o)

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 12 Jan 2010 10:07

JUst found that amazon have the complete set of DVD:o))

jude

*** Mummo ***

*** Mummo *** Report 12 Jan 2010 10:22

Jude found me,lol.
Eddie will be really happy today when l tell him, thanks again Jude, x

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 12 Jan 2010 10:31

Mummo....thats a pleasure:o))

The thread l originally saw was by AnnGloc but not the book club one:o)

jude :o) x

Maureen

Maureen Report 12 Jan 2010 10:47

I've read the book,watched it on tv years ago,and have also got it on DVD. Maureen

Lancashire Witch

Lancashire Witch Report 12 Jan 2010 11:20

We saw this on T.V. decades ago. (1970's) During this time, a stray female kitten visited us until we adopted her. We named ker 'Kizzie' - which, according to Roots meant 'You are welcome here'!!

LW

Deanna

Deanna Report 12 Jan 2010 11:41

Jude, I read this book YEARS ago, and saw the TV 'drama'.
It was a wonderful book. Enjoy it.
Deanna X

Jean

Jean Report 12 Jan 2010 12:22

I have never read the book but remember watching the t.v.series, strangly enough I have just bought the series on d.v.d. as I remember it was a very good programme.

regards
jean

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 12 Jan 2010 12:24

l am Deanna:o)) and l'm about to order the DVD:o))

Aww LW thats lovely:o)

jude :o) x