General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

MY GRANDDAUGHTER IS GOING TO GET TOLD OFF

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

DIZZI

DIZZI Report 12 Jan 2010 01:01

FOR THE LAST FIVE YEARS EVERY TWO MONTHS

WE HAD MARKED THEIR HEIGHT ON THE KITCHEN

WALL BY THE DOOR,

ONE OF THEM HAS SCRRIBBLED IN MARKER PEN

ALLOVER IT,UP ABOUT A CERTAIN LITTLE GIRLS

REACH AND IT WONT COME OFF ,

ALSO CANT READ IT ANYMORE

FIVE YEARS GONE IM SO ANNOYED

MUST HAVE BEEN DONE WHILE I WAS

AWAY THIS WEEKEND

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 12 Jan 2010 01:03

Gwen

try WD40 thats removes most things........

Bob

DIZZI

DIZZI Report 12 Jan 2010 01:07

THANKS BOB
I WILL TRY IT BUT ITS ALL THOSE
HEIGHTS MARKED ,GOING TO BE HARD SAVING THEM
I STARTED WHEN GRANDSON WAS FOUR AND A HALF
GRANDDUGHTERS MARKED SINCE ONE
IM SO ANNOYED
WE NEVER PAINTED OVER IT ALWAYS ROUND NAMES

AuntySherlock

AuntySherlock Report 12 Jan 2010 07:54

Oh Dizzi, What a shame. When our youngest son and his family were here on Christmas Day he and the grandbabies were standing around the door frame in the bedrrom having a fine old giggle.

That door frame just happens to be marked between 1985 and 1990 with his height. The frame now also has the marked height of the two grandchildren. I have strict instructions that it is to be preserved and if we ever decide to paint or leave we are to let him know so he can remove the frame.

Do try to repair the damage. Perhaps you could trace the original marks through a piece of tracing paper, then paint the area, and replace the marks using the paper as a template.

Woody's

Woody's Report 12 Jan 2010 09:33

That's a shame, but at the end of the day she's only a child and children scribble if someone leaves the necessary pens for them to scribble with.
She's only doing what she has seen others doing - they write on the wall so she thinks that's okay as well.

Pat Kendrick

Pat Kendrick Report 12 Jan 2010 09:57

Dizzi do you know anyone with a UV light it detects a lot of hidden writing.