General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Hasta la Vista

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Amanda2003

Amanda2003 Report 12 Jan 2010 18:47

Bay Tree..................................that was a good way to spend the day. Sawing down and getting shot of the Bay Tree that I planted 14 years ago in the back garden .
I had no idea that it would get as big as it had , nor that it would be so gloomy and cut out such a lot of light.
I'm looking forward to remodelling the area of the garden that suddenly looks so light and airy .
Roll on the Spring time .

StrayKitten

StrayKitten Report 12 Jan 2010 18:48

well done hun xxx

Amanda2003

Amanda2003 Report 12 Jan 2010 18:50

Thanks Stray .....it was bloomin hard work ....and I wasn't doing the sawing.....lol.....just the stuffing it into the car to take it up the dump.....lol

Uggers

Uggers Report 12 Jan 2010 20:37

Bet you smelled lovely when you'd finished though:))

Silly Sausage

Silly Sausage Report 12 Jan 2010 21:04

Oooerrr Amanda I want our garden doing in the spring but it ant for me I get my sister I'll tell her the colours I want she will advise and design...

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 12 Jan 2010 21:16

i recently had two very large trees felled i was quoted £150 each

but some bloke knocked on the door said
he would do do it for £100 for both

and he took the mess away

Amanda2003

Amanda2003 Report 12 Jan 2010 21:55

Uggers....I must admit the car smelt better than usual , stuffed full of Bay...it normally smells of fags.......lol

Hayley......I fancy myself a bit as a garden designer...but then 14 years later I realise I made a big mistake and re-design it all............lol

Sounds like you got a bargin there Joy : ))

Mick from the Bush

Mick from the Bush Report 12 Jan 2010 21:59

How do bay trees survive your climate over there?

xxxxx mick

Amanda2003

Amanda2003 Report 12 Jan 2010 22:12

The answer to that Mick is with remarkable vigor ! lol

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 12 Jan 2010 22:14

they dont grow well up here

mind benson did cock his leg on mine

Amanda2003

Amanda2003 Report 12 Jan 2010 22:17

Well I am in balmy Norfolk..........perhaps 'Op North it's that bit colder ?
Plently of dogs peeing in my garden ...........lol

ButtercupFields

ButtercupFields Report 12 Jan 2010 22:18

Oh Amanda how could you do that! You know that trees have feelings and feel pain....oh poor bay tree:-)) lol BCXX

Amanda2003

Amanda2003 Report 12 Jan 2010 22:21

Please don't send me on a guilt trip BC............I had managed to block it from my mind..........and anyway at least the deed was done in the depths of winter , so I'm sure it didn't feel a thing............( looks worriedly over shoulder in case the King of the Bay trees is loitering near by )

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 12 Jan 2010 22:22

I have one in a tub which stops it growing too much. No problem with growing them so far Mick, might be different after this winter though.

ButtercupFields

ButtercupFields Report 12 Jan 2010 22:24

Haha Amanda...the King of the Bay Trees is coming to GET YA!!! pmsl BCXX

Amanda2003

Amanda2003 Report 12 Jan 2010 22:25

He will be chasing me through my dreams now........rustling with anger and shaking his twigs at me............LOL

Mick from the Bush

Mick from the Bush Report 13 Jan 2010 00:27

Well- I was going to put in a bay tree a few years back, but thought it would be too cold for it here! lol!

I shouldnt have worried hey?

xxxxxx mick

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 13 Jan 2010 00:31

They're hardy bu**ers Mick.

My Bay tree is out of control - about 12 ft high and 6 ft wide!
I'll chop it down in the spring - and create a lovely log pile for next winter!