General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

HOT MATCHES

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Claire in Lincs

Claire in Lincs Report 13 Jan 2010 09:07

Has something canged with the hot matches,? I dont seem to be able to find the link to contact anyone

Huia

Huia Report 13 Jan 2010 09:18

I havent had any new ones since November. I dont know why.

Huia.

Huia

Huia Report 13 Jan 2010 09:21

Did you click on View? If so it brings up a box on the right for contacting the person. Or it does on mine.

Huia.

Annina

Annina Report 13 Jan 2010 18:34

They did change a while ago,but I got some today and they are the same as November.

Just click on "view"

Waited two mnths,but at least mine were fairly sensible this time.

Forgot to say,when you click on "discard " the line automatically goes on to the next match, it is much easier,and quicker this way.

Huia

Huia Report 13 Jan 2010 19:35

I found mine waiting for me this morning. I am not sure if I like that new system Annina, where it goes to the next match, as there are a lot that I have not discarded, some of them I have already contacted, so I dont know if it is a new one or not. And sometimes when I discard the 10th one on the page one that I know was at the bottom of the page disappears to another page. I will have to go through all the pages again some time when the boards are static.

Huia.

Claire in Lincs

Claire in Lincs Report 15 Jan 2010 14:31

Hi girls,,
Thanks for that,, I wasnt looking properly,,the message box is indeed on the right side,
But didnt the surnames show up on the left side? Or am i going barmy,,i have to click on VIEW to find out which names are relevent,