General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

The Cutest Little Babyface

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

TheLadyInRed

TheLadyInRed Report 13 Jan 2010 19:36

Anyone else been threatened with "being reported" or am I the only one lucky enough to receive a pm from this member?

TeresaW

TeresaW Report 13 Jan 2010 19:39

Reported for what?

No, no threats here...from whoever that is.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 13 Jan 2010 19:41

No, no threats here either. Nobody has got the right to threaten anyone like that. I would be inclined to send the PM to GR admin. What have you said/done to warrant it, anything?

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 13 Jan 2010 19:42

send your pm to gr hun
let them deal with it

nobody has the right to threated anybody

TheLadyInRed

TheLadyInRed Report 13 Jan 2010 19:46

There was a member on last night who had posted about 3 different threads looking for same info. Lots of people posting about duplicate threads, use of text speak, basic manners etc. Now all seem to have been deleted but I had posted a comment and have had rather nasty pm from member today (the clue is in the thread title).
JoyBoroAngel, how do I send the pm to GR please?

Rambling

Rambling Report 13 Jan 2010 19:50

I didn't get one...lol probably because I sat on my hands !
Either said person is very young and needs an adults help or she is a WUM, and since she used someone elses board name I reckon on the latter ... watching out for the number again.

I saw that people tried to help her, and that she ignored all sensible suggestions, not to mention changing her query when it suited. She was very rude.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 13 Jan 2010 19:53

You can contact GR Admin but going to the bottom of this page and clicking on contact us.

TheLadyInRed

TheLadyInRed Report 13 Jan 2010 19:55

Thanks Ann & HouseWorkFairy

TheLadyInRed

TheLadyInRed Report 13 Jan 2010 20:19

would I be right in guessing that a WUM is a "wind up merchant"?

StrayKitten

StrayKitten Report 13 Jan 2010 20:24

yeah they typed in plain english till somone mentioned they hadnt gave enough info, then the broken english started xxx

DIZZI

DIZZI Report 13 Jan 2010 20:27

COULD THEY HAVE BEEN USING A TRANSLATOR AT FIRST

Muffyxx

Muffyxx Report 13 Jan 2010 20:29

Awwww just ignore em Julia........it usually irritates them much more in the long run lol.

Chin up xx

Whirley

Whirley Report 14 Jan 2010 10:00

This person (when you go to PM is someone called Stephanie Johnson) was using the board name of Whirley a few days ago. I asked her politely if she could pls amend/change it to prevent confusion. She PM'd back asking for instructions on how to change her board name, which I helped her with. She then told me that the name "Whirley" was already in her account as her community name...mmhhhh....

anyway, her number is 9712236 and mine is 2416966 just incase she decides to change her name back again.

I suggest any nasty PM's are quite rightly reported.

Thank you to those people who commented on her thread a few days back about her then board name of Whirley already in use...by me.

Thanks all:)

TheLadyInRed

TheLadyInRed Report 14 Jan 2010 17:57

Lisa, yes I did report her and she is now barred from contacting me by PM.
Don't think it appropriate to post the entire message here for anyone to read but will PM you if interested.

Julia