General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

More snow over night did....................

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

R.B.

R.B. Report 14 Jan 2010 09:07

you have any ~just about sick of the sight it.

xxx

Sue (Sylvia Z )

Sue (Sylvia Z ) Report 14 Jan 2010 09:10

No RB, but like you I wish it would go, cos I'm waiting for an oil delivery and they haven't been able to get here.

**Stella ~by~ Starlight**★..★..★

**Stella ~by~ Starlight**★..★..★ Report 14 Jan 2010 09:13

yes we had some and the sky looks as though there is more to come..

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 14 Jan 2010 09:59

No we didn't have any and ours is slowly thawing.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 14 Jan 2010 10:16

We had some yesterday. Rain today.
No buses yesterday - yet again. They haven't gritted the road, and, since Christmas have had about 4 days when the busses have run.
I 've been walking to and from work - something I usually do - but for the past 2 weeks have had to walk for about half the 1 and a half miles on ice.
Yesterday just about 'did' it for my knee (had an arthroscopy on it a year or two ago) and I'm in agony!!!
Ironically the buses are running today.
I'll phone the doctor soon - but quite frankly can't make the effort to get myself down there.

blackrose

blackrose Report 14 Jan 2010 10:25

yes weve had more snow so stranded in the house, poor husband still having to make best efforts to get to work as hes self employed but he can be working within a 2 to 3 hour radius from work - yes the noveltys worn off hasnt it

BrianW

BrianW Report 14 Jan 2010 10:29

No more snow and thawing in Essex/London, just a little slush, but feels cold and damp.

I prefer cold and dry as in The Alps, so long as I don't have to drive too far on icy roads.

Hoping it stays relatively fine so my new found rellies can get up from Dorset on Saturday.

Carole

Carole Report 14 Jan 2010 10:42

We had a little more in Lincoln but it's nearly gone now

R.B.

R.B. Report 14 Jan 2010 11:20

Have a lovely time with your new found family Brian.

Like you Joan we live at the top of a hill ~it has been a devil to get up it ~hubs has been parking the car on the main road.

I cann`t wait for it (the snow) to go ~only been out 3 times in a month as i have had an op.

Take Care everyone.

xxx

MarilynB

MarilynB Report 14 Jan 2010 11:58

No snow fell here last night, it is very slowly disappearing, just loads of icey stuff on some roads and all pavements, although had very slight fluttering all day yesterday. Really sick of it now, I am a home help and walking round in this is a nightmare, AND it is only January, started early this winter!!

Marilyn

Shirley

Shirley Report 14 Jan 2010 12:25

Send some snow here, we just had temps around 37-40c for 3 days running. Cooler today. The closes to snow that we have had was a couple of weeks ago when it hailed and it covered the ground and looked like it.

michael2

michael2 Report 14 Jan 2010 12:34

thawing in somerset thank god may be able to go shopping now

R.B.

R.B. Report 14 Jan 2010 16:59

Hi Shirley,

Where abouts are you?

xxx

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 14 Jan 2010 19:19

No we did'nt get anymore either today:o)), its starting to melt now...yeh:o))

You take care after your op!!
jude :o) x

Elizabethofseasons

Elizabethofseasons Report 14 Jan 2010 19:32

Dear All

Hello

We're just over the worst of the snow and then the ice came.

Then last night my family was watching the football on the TV last night when the streets were plunged into darkness.

No lighting and no electricity.

Then later, no water!

Services resumed a short time ago.

Doesn't it make you appreciate things even more?

Take care all
Very best wishes
xx

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 14 Jan 2010 20:31

No snow left in our front or back gardens now.
Some locally where it was a bit deeper on sides of roads, but virtually snow-free near this bit of coast.
Quite different not far away though. Ashford still had plenty in the gardens and plenty to see in the fields on the way there today.

Gwyn

Shirley

Shirley Report 16 Jan 2010 01:50

R.B.
I live in Australia, born in Scotland. Just finding my way around this forum.

Shirley