General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Hot matches (yes again)

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Carole

Carole Report 14 Jan 2010 10:48

When I click on hot matches the list comes up, But if I click on view, all I get is 'You have no hot matches with the other person'. But the list is telling me how many matches we have! Has it changed again? Or is there a problem with them?

**Stella ~by~ Starlight**★..★..★

**Stella ~by~ Starlight**★..★..★ Report 14 Jan 2010 10:57

i have had the same problem this morning..

MarilynB

MarilynB Report 14 Jan 2010 11:54

It is working okay now, I just did it no problem, perhaps it has been fixed??

Marilyn

Carole

Carole Report 14 Jan 2010 12:08

I'll have a look thanks

Carole

Carole Report 14 Jan 2010 12:09

No mine still says 'You have no matches with the other persons tree'.

Shirley

Shirley Report 14 Jan 2010 12:14

My Hot matches are coming up. Sometimes when I click on View there is nothing there but reading above says that there are changes and if I want to see them click here.

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 15 Jan 2010 01:36

I had a big list come through and have found some common relatives, but had that happen on some so called matches too. Daft set up but hope it gets sorted out soon. Very pleased with a couple of matches tho and I think I can help one of them with a lot of info if he gets back to me from my reply to him.

Lizx

TessAkaBridgetTheFidget

TessAkaBridgetTheFidget Report 15 Jan 2010 02:50

Mine came through today (Thursday) I found that had the light colour tab to click on were the ones that said "you have no matches with this person" The others, i.e. the normal dark tab, were ok.

I wonder if the other person on the Hot Match link, saw the names first and has deleted the matc.! Maybe they don't want to talk to me. Just can't think of any other reason for this to happen.

Carole

Carole Report 15 Jan 2010 09:48

Looked again this morning, and still the same thing happening. If I click on hot matches at the top of the page the list comes up. Some are old contacts, it says yes (contacted). If they have new people added, I have clicked on the dark tab to view they tell me 'Sorry you have no matches with this persons tree'. Same happens if they have no new ones added. The ones that say 'No' I have not contacted them before, I click on the dark tab that says veiw and I get the same message, 'You have no matches with this persons tree'. Been on here for many years but feel like I'm new at this, and don't know what I'm doing!!!

MaryinSpain

MaryinSpain Report 15 Jan 2010 12:17

Working ok for me. Had a good laugh this morning had an email from GR saying they had found 130 plus matches for - wait for this - Mary Unknown !!!!
Love Mary xx

Carole

Carole Report 15 Jan 2010 12:38

Mary are you going to work your way through that lot!!! x

MaryinSpain

MaryinSpain Report 15 Jan 2010 12:52

Short answer Carole - NO !!!! Still it gave me a good laugh

Love Mary xx