General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Clare

Clare Report 14 Jan 2010 12:22

Hi all,
Just wondering if anyone could help me with this? I checked my hot matches yesterday and found someone who has 60 matches with my tree. On checking through her list she has my name, my kids names, my sisters and their kids, then both my parents and both of their extended families but will not tell me how we are linked! I am pretty sure i have never heard of her and i know she can't be related to both sides of my family as she isn't a sibling. I just want to know how she can have all of my family on her tree! Surely this can't be right?

Regards

Clare

michael2

michael2 Report 14 Jan 2010 12:31

hi click on reply and ask for some info say on your self see if they reply

Rambling

Rambling Report 14 Jan 2010 12:31

She could be for example a distant 'cousin' on one side, who has copied the info on every branch of the families even though not directly related. Have you had any contact in the past and inadvertently let her have access to your tree,( and are your children on your tree here or elsewhere?) ?

Clare

Clare Report 14 Jan 2010 12:41

Hi,
Thanks for replying so quickly. No, have never had any correspondance with her before. Just can't understand why she is so reluctant to tell me how we are related? She has 4 of my 6 children listed in her tree so surely i have a right to know why? Its all odd. She has missing relatives, like only 4 of my 6 kids, and it isn't the 2 youngest that are missing. It is my 3rd and 5th!
Can't understand it.

Jill 2011 (aka Warrior Princess of Cilla!)

Jill 2011 (aka Warrior Princess of Cilla!) Report 14 Jan 2010 12:47

E-mail her again and ask her to remove all living relatives as they have not given her their permission to be on her tree.

If she doesn't do that (immediately) write to GR with a list of the names to be removed.

And then, either hide your living relatives on your tree on here or take them off and keep their details on your off-line tree.

Jill

Clare

Clare Report 14 Jan 2010 12:50

Thank you for all your help :)

Regards

Clare

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 14 Jan 2010 13:35

Have you actually asked her for access to her tree Clare. Maybe you have given somebody else access to your tree and they have given her access to theirs which now included yours if you see what I mean. But do ask her to remove livinf relatives as that is against the t&cs of the site unless she has permission, which she obviously doesn't.

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 15 Jan 2010 01:34

People like that make me mad!

I found my parents added to someone's tree and when I queried why she said her husband was related to a chap who is married to one of my cousin's daughters! (follow that if you can lol)
Now why on earth would she want my parents on her tree when there is such a small link to her husband is beyond me, I told her she had no reason to have them on the tree and to remove them but as my parents are dead I can't do much about it. She didn't reply again but I found out from my cousin's daughter that she has done it a lot and is making everyone annoyed in the family. Sad woman!

Have recently found more links that are relevant and can't wait to find out more about them, I got one match yesterday who has replied and I think I can help him a lot with a close link, waiting to hear back from him now.

Hope you can get that person to remove all your personal info.

LIzx