General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Any new years resolutions?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Yorkshire Lass

Yorkshire Lass Report 15 Jan 2010 10:24

Mine's lose weight and get fitter. So this morning I tried to follow the dancing queen exercise plan on gmtv. Omg am I not fit. Only did 5 minutes and my hearts pounding, muscles aching and I need a rest. Oh well see what tomorrow brings you never know I may get to enjoy it.

MarionfromScotland

MarionfromScotland Report 15 Jan 2010 10:43

I think most of us have great intentions. Never seems to last long though.
The other night a lady i know could hardly bend down, she was holding her side. I thought she had hurt herself. Well she had in a way aching muscles lol, she had been on the Wii fit (sp). But I reallly noticed a change in her figure.

Marion

Harry

Harry Report 15 Jan 2010 11:12

I didn't make any Christine. You can't improve on perfection.

Happy days

MarionfromScotland

MarionfromScotland Report 15 Jan 2010 11:30

lol Harry

Helen in Kent

Helen in Kent Report 15 Jan 2010 20:42

Good for you, Christine, don't let them put you off! I want to do the same.

Yorkshire Lass

Yorkshire Lass Report 16 Jan 2010 15:00

Marion my niece has just started with the wii fitness too and she says its hard work but she's already lost 3 pounds. Wish I had one but its too expensive to consider buying just for the exercise.

well said Harry, wish I could say the same lol

and Helen, oh I can so easily be put off as I'm one of those people who really loves my food but I really do need to lose some weight. I'd be happy with 2 stone. Just bought a George Foreman grill as people say they are brilliant, so I'm moving in the right direction. Perhaps if we do it together we can give each other a bit of incentive and encouragement along the way.

Helen in Kent

Helen in Kent Report 16 Jan 2010 16:26

Ok, Christine, what a good idea! Let's support each other. I'd like to lose 2 stone, too.

The George Forman grill drains fat away as you cook, doesn't it? I don't have one but I do grill, rather than fry, almost everything we eat.

I have just done 30 minutes of exercise, I used the Rosemary Conley 7 day fitness plan (well it's called something like that) and although I didn't do it at the same level as RC, I do feel I have done something. I sprained an ankle in July which has kept me off any kind of exercise since then so I am happy to go easy to start with - but I am going to try to do half an hour of something a day, even if it's only walking on the spot.

What about you?

Yorkshire Lass

Yorkshire Lass Report 16 Jan 2010 22:10

Anybody else like to join me & Helen you're more than welcome, the more the merrier.

Yorkshire Lass

Yorkshire Lass Report 16 Jan 2010 22:15

Helen I don't understand this board sometimes, posted quite a lengthy response to you and its not showing up, yet I posted an after thought just seconds later and that's gone straight on here (asking if anybody would like to join us)

Maybe it will be on here by tomorrow, if not I'll write it again.

Yorkshire Lass

Yorkshire Lass Report 17 Jan 2010 10:30

Hi Helen, well it looks like my other posting has never turned up. Can't remember exactly what I put now.

Well done on the exercise with RC plan. Is that a written one or is it a dvd. I'd love to be able to join a keep fit but I don't have anyone to go with and I certainly haven't got the nerve to go on my own. Shame you're so far away, I'm up in East Yorkshire.

Well I'm not starting off very well, haven't ventured the stairs yet, but I am going to do as soon as I come off here. How are you getting on have you done anything this morning.

Using the George Foreman for breakfast this morning, still having my bacon & sausage this morning, seeing as its Sunday, its a bit of a tradition in our house, always a proper Sunday breakfast. I'll cut down with the eating starting tomorrow. Already bought smaller plates as my downfall is piling too much on the big dinner plates we have, so that should help somewhat. Oh yes and I'm not having butter or spread on my bread so I am trying haha.

Let me know how you're getting on. bfn.....Chris

Mauatthecoast

Mauatthecoast Report 17 Jan 2010 11:17

Good morning Christine

Just wanted to say don't be shy about joining keep fit classes.
I'd exercised for many years and was very fit,,but after an injury & getting older,I stopped going....Big mistake!
I joined a group 5 years ago,and didn't know anyone there, but because you have a common interest you soon make friends.
We also do dance routines and often have nights out together. Unfortunately find it harder now to lose weight but I'm fit and that's more important.... I think.

Look in your local newspaper or college adverts for classes and go along, sure you will be welcomed.

Mau x

Yorkshire Lass

Yorkshire Lass Report 17 Jan 2010 15:14

Hi Mau,
nice to chat with you and thanks for the encouragement. I know it's just a matter of that first visit, but I really am backwards at coming forward when I'm on my own. I do think I'm more talkative with people I don't know since I've got older, but still don't think I could join one by myself. Still you've got me thinking about it so you never know.

I see you live on the coast, is that in the Uk? I live in a small seaside town in Yorkshire.
Chris

Yorkshire Lass

Yorkshire Lass Report 17 Jan 2010 16:42

Hi Helen, just found a weight loss topic on the Generall Topics board. Quite a few on there trying to lose a few pounds so I thought it might be an idea to move over on to that board. Let me know what you think. Just thought we'd all be able to support each other and maybe a few tips also.

Mau perhaps you'd like to join us on there.

best wishes

Chris

Helen in Kent

Helen in Kent Report 18 Jan 2010 14:26

Hi Christine, I'll take a look for the other tread and see you there.