General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Do you like to haggle?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Silly Sausage

Silly Sausage Report 17 Jan 2010 20:21

whilst on holiday.... I love a good haggle I do.. my sister wont do it she makes me do it , to me its part of the fun...

Muffyxx

Muffyxx Report 17 Jan 2010 20:22

No. I'm cr*p at it. I blush and get embarassed.

I get my dad or OH to haggle for me !!!! xx

Sally

Sally Report 17 Jan 2010 20:24

Never haggled until we went to Tunisia in the souk, and once I got the hang of it, I wouldn't stop.......what fun, had such a laugh with the sellers.....

~~~Secret Red ^^ Squirrel~~~  **007 1/2**

~~~Secret Red ^^ Squirrel~~~ **007 1/2** Report 17 Jan 2010 20:26

Oh no Hayley, I find it embarrassing. I'm in awe that people can have a go at it.

TeresaW

TeresaW Report 17 Jan 2010 20:26

Why just when you're on holiday?

I haggled in Jessups last year when I bought my camera. It was priced at £189. I got it down to £169 including a 8gb memory card, carrying case, and spare batteries!

If they want the sale, and let's face it they all want the sale, they will negotiate.

Silly Sausage

Silly Sausage Report 17 Jan 2010 20:29

To me its just game it doesnt matter if you to go to high or low you just enjoy and I never look like I am taking it seriously....once when we were in Jamicia we went to Market I spotted this painting as soon as I got off the bus, I haggled and haggled.....he wouldnt come down..so I walked off he let me....off we went to Duns river falls on teh way back I asked the driver to return to the market we did the painting had gone up by 2$ by then so I said my price that was it or I was going...I got it in the end..

Sally

Sally Report 17 Jan 2010 20:31

Can't think why I don't do it at home TW......perhaps because its not expected here, and is the norm in some places.....

.....saying that my Daughter is the best haggler I know, she seems to get bargains whereas I pay the full price.......she can also take things back and stand her ground and get her money back.....

Silly Sausage

Silly Sausage Report 17 Jan 2010 20:33

I dont do it in our shops just on holiday....my sister sends me over and comes with me and she tells me if the price is right or not Itsmytelly wont haggle he gets me to do it...if they let you walk away you have gone too low if they wont ...stick with it....I did with this house as well..but they shocked me by accepting my second cheeky offer..lol

Muffyxx

Muffyxx Report 17 Jan 2010 20:35

My dad is awful !!!

Today at the market I bought a pie dish........and old fashioned one like my nan used to bake with.......

Poor guy only wanted 20p........he bartered him down to bl**dy 10p.......I was sooooooo embarassed !!!!!!! xx

TeresaW

TeresaW Report 17 Jan 2010 20:35

I even managed to haggle a tenner off my second hand washing machine a couple of weeks ago LOL

TeresaW

TeresaW Report 17 Jan 2010 20:36

Your dad's turning into a proper fen man Muffy PMSL