General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Fed Up!!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

TheLadyInRed

TheLadyInRed Report 17 Jan 2010 23:35

I have lost count of the number of threads I have replied to today without a word of thanks. Then one where my reply was deleted by poster or administrator for absolutely no reason that I can see (within 3 minutes of being posted).
Is it too much to ask that a poster replies saying "thanks but no thanks"?. Their time may be too valuable to spend doing searches but is mine any less so? It's only because I've paid my money that I can access the searches in the first place.
My subscription due to run out soon & have to seriously think whether to bother renewing.
I've had loads of help from lovely people on this site and I hope I've always acknowledged that but just lately it seems to have deteriorated into slanging matches and I'm getting hacked off with it!

MrDaff

MrDaff Report 17 Jan 2010 23:45

When I get hacked off, I find it helps to focus on the good things and good people on this site... lots of folk are down at this time of year... so maybe some folk are less, well, thankful, than they might be at other times... it goes like that with most things.

Good luck

Love

Daff xxxx

Jill 2011 (aka Warrior Princess of Cilla!)

Jill 2011 (aka Warrior Princess of Cilla!) Report 17 Jan 2010 23:54

Sometimes you just need to walk away from them.

I try really hard to be patient with newbies as I know they can struggle a bit but there are times when I just either have to sit on my hands or do my own tree.

Have a look at this one. Absolute classic - poor Viv!:

http://www.genesreunited.co.za/boards.asp?wci=thread&tk=1198754

Jill

Jill 2011 (aka Warrior Princess of Cilla!)

Jill 2011 (aka Warrior Princess of Cilla!) Report 18 Jan 2010 00:23

Quite.

I hope we don't get many more like him!

Jill

GranOfOzRubySlippers

GranOfOzRubySlippers Report 18 Jan 2010 00:54

Understand Julia May. I have not done anything but look at the Records, Tips etc for some time. Also because of nasty PM's, as I also pointed out a duplicate threads.

Have also been told to go back and do what I am Paid for! I think a lot of newbies do not understand that we volunteer our time and our subs to other sites.

It is not so much not getting thank yous, that is just par for the course now, but getting abuse is just not on.

Gail