General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

For anyone who has a mortgage ........

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Muffyxx

Muffyxx Report 18 Jan 2010 12:47

and has been made redundant a word of warning for you......

IF you have mortgage repayment protection PLEASE PLEASE check your policy VERY carefully if you are offered temporary work for less than 12 months.

Once that contract has lapsed there is a chance that.you will not be covered for end of that contract....and they will not pay out if there isn't another job immediately waiting for you.

I was kindly warned about this from a member on here and having checked the small print this IS the case with our policy......mad as it sounds.

I hope nobody minds me pointing this out. I'd hate to think of anyone being unable to make a claim and meet their mortgage payments in the future xx

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 18 Jan 2010 12:49

you would think they would encourage you to work
no matter how long the contract is

Muffyxx

Muffyxx Report 18 Jan 2010 12:50

You would think so Joy I agree xx

Muffyxx

Muffyxx Report 18 Jan 2010 20:03

I know it's bad form to nudge your own thread up...but just one more time for the evening shift........in case it helps......xx