General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Scanning Negatives

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kerry

Kerry Report 18 Jan 2010 13:07

Hi i wonder if anyone can help me, im thinking of purchasing a negative scanner but dont know where to start can anyone offer any assistance.

Cheers
Kerry

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 18 Jan 2010 13:44

Black and white negatives will usually scan on a normal scanner, but colour negs need a special device......

I bought one some time ago, to scan colour slides but I only had limited success with it, my brother borrowed it and it hasnt found its way back home yet.
I suggest a trip via Google might show some scanners

Bob

MrDaff

MrDaff Report 18 Jan 2010 14:10

Hiya Kerry... I bought a negative scanner a couple of years ago.... it has been really good, and I can't imagine not having it now... it does the old slides, as well, which I needed... my dad seems to think that anything is possible these days, and passed zillions over to me to put onto a disk, lol.... mine is an HP Scanjet G4010... they have probably updated it now.... it was a very good basic model in it's day, though, and still does everything I require of it.

Good luck

Daff xxx

Kerry

Kerry Report 28 Jan 2010 20:46

badger

badger Report 29 Jan 2010 09:24

Brought my wife an ION colour ,/black and white scanner for Christmas,which works very well ,it also has a card slot in the top ,uploaded scans are put on the card which is then put into the card slot on the 'puter,nice and simple to use as there is no usb cable needed to transfer the images Fred.