General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I wish I could tape them....in action I swear they

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Silly Sausage

Silly Sausage Report 18 Jan 2010 18:41

duo around.......

My Mother and sister...they dont even try to be funny, I dont think they mean to be funny, they are leg crossing pain in chest hystercial...

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 18 Jan 2010 18:42

LES DAWSON LIVES

Silly Sausage

Silly Sausage Report 18 Jan 2010 18:47

I called today with sister to mums sister went in grabbed Mums shopping list and off we went, on the way to the supermarket she said I dont know why she bothers with a list I know if off by heart....I had a sneaky peep and cringed at the reaction I would of said sister.... Mum is a type 2 dietbitic (sp) and has high colestrol, she is also a cream cake addict...sister *tries* to monitor every thing she eats.... so this was how the list read...

milk
barm cakes
ham
branflakes
4 cream cakes

loo rolls
horlicks
2 custard tarts
shampoo
turkish delight..

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 18 Jan 2010 18:50

LOL - I can understand that , Hayley.
She's a type 2 diabetic, so can only have every 2nd item lovely & sugary!

Silly Sausage

Silly Sausage Report 18 Jan 2010 18:55

we arrived in the supermarket and handed J the list fully prepared to peel her off the ceiling in about 20 mins time..... true to form she read ....her voice went 15 optics higher and I just laughted. Shopping complete we trotted back to mothers where J had stream coming out of her ears, as we look through the door I gave mum * the look * your in trouble...whist she sniffed round the shopping bags as J pulled every item out to show her... tin of prunes ** mums face fell ** tin of rice pudding * mum cheered up ...tin of pears fresh oranges by mum is looking desperate....out come the 2 custard tarts....mum snatches them and says would you look at the SBD better eat them now.....I gave mum a look of pitty , as she mouthed " wheres me cream cakes " when J glared she told her sternly " Mother Hayley and I walked round that store 3 times and no way could we find diatbetic turkish delight....mum gurned lmao

Muffyxx

Muffyxx Report 18 Jan 2010 19:01

Awww bless her LOLOLOLOL

My Mum is diabetic too...........luckily she doesn't have a sweet tooth. Would be a nightmare for her if she did !!!xx

StrayKitten

StrayKitten Report 18 Jan 2010 19:06

haha u should have sneaked her some in your trolly u meanie xxx

Silly Sausage

Silly Sausage Report 18 Jan 2010 19:07

she has sorted her clothes out to send to the children of the earthquake mum is a size 20...

Muffyxx

Muffyxx Report 18 Jan 2010 19:08

*splutters*

Bless her !!!! LOLOLOLOL xx

Silly Sausage

Silly Sausage Report 18 Jan 2010 19:09

Stray I did ... I used to nag her about the cream cakes but she like she said to me....does she name me about smoking and I told J the same I said Ffs she is nearly 80 if she wants cream cakes let her have them....but J says she cant get the picture of mums face out of her mind when she flatlined in A & E....

Muffyxx

Muffyxx Report 18 Jan 2010 19:16

Oooo that's a toughy.

I can see both sides of that argument.

If I were you I'd keep being Switzerland and let them get on with it lol xx

Silly Sausage

Silly Sausage Report 18 Jan 2010 19:23

Do you remember NYE my candle lite supper, I put cream cakes out afterwards ask mum if she wanted one she made a big show of saying how she has given them up...and NO how dae I ask....we ribbed her saying is it because matron (J) is here ?..... off we went on the front room and about 15 mins later I heard my other sister S say...very loudly I THOUGHT YOU HAVE GIVEN THEM UP MOTHER :))))) and you could hear mum saying sssssssssshhhhhhhhhhh.....even matron was giggling...lolol

Jean (Monmouth)

Jean (Monmouth) Report 18 Jan 2010 19:23

Hayley, you can have the occasional cream cake IF your sugars are well controlled, the operative word being occasional!

Silly Sausage

Silly Sausage Report 18 Jan 2010 19:26

Jean I have given up as I say she is nearly 80 if she wants cream cakes let her have them...we have tried that and mum did cut them down to "occasional" after every meal instead of the others inbetween as well.. lol