General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Ugly in the cradle....

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 18 Jan 2010 19:38

do you remember the old saying which starts off Ugly in the cradle, handsome at the table or similar!

How true is it of people you know lol!

Seeing some pics of o.h.'s family set me thinking......

Lizx

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 18 Jan 2010 19:50

lol don't tell fibs Mac, you aren't that bad lol
x

SheilaSomerset

SheilaSomerset Report 18 Jan 2010 19:52

According to my Mum, I looked like a monkey when I was born, with lots of black hair (most of which fell out leaving me with a 'quiff' lol!) Now - well, kind of averagely ordinary!!

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 18 Jan 2010 20:27

My son, tho I say it myself, was a really lovely looking baby and as he has grown, he is not handsome in the film star look but very attractive, or so lots of people tell me when they see his photo. His face has character and strength and he varies his look with facial hair or not as the mood takes him.

There were some pics of o.h. and his head looks like a ball, too big for his body, he had small hands and feet and short lower legs and lower arms, and nothing much changed lol It just brought the saying to mind and I wondered how many people thought there was truth in the saying. He has two sons, one the image of him when in his twenties but not when he was a baby, and the other one different as a baby but very podgy faced, he now looks normal but is getting podgy again.

I was never a pretty pretty baby, just ordinary and stayed ordinary, altho a gawky teenager. I think I grew into my looks in my late teens but now they are growing out of me lol, the turkey neck and saggy eyelids etc etc

What a shame we can't stay at our best stage ! Mine would be my late twenties I think or thirties. Started to go downhill rapidly after my 50th birthday!

Lizx

Jill 2011 (aka Warrior Princess of Cilla!)

Jill 2011 (aka Warrior Princess of Cilla!) Report 18 Jan 2010 20:34

Well I think I was completely gruesome as a baby/child in that case - 'cos I'm utterly gorgeous now!

LOL

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 19 Jan 2010 04:17

Susan with numbers, what about you? You sound bored, would you like to add to this thread lol?

x

Susan10146857

Susan10146857 Report 19 Jan 2010 04:18

LOLOLOLOL

OK.....I was a beautiful baby and still am

Good one Liz....well orchestrated without thinking too...lol

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 19 Jan 2010 04:23

Must be having a thick moment, have a lot of those lately lol, what's that last sentence mean?

x

Susan10146857

Susan10146857 Report 19 Jan 2010 04:28

Don't be silly Liz!....You don't honestly think I know what I am talking about....Do you?

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 19 Jan 2010 04:50

Ah right, that's ok then, thought I was meant to appreciate some profound comment of yours lol Out of practice on the silly statement section !
x