General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

unidentified photos

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

David

David Report 19 Jan 2010 14:15

i have a large no of photos black & white from all different times
from ipswich some of these are belivered to be members of the tibbenham from late 1800s to early 1960s any suggestions on how to have these identified

TeresaW

TeresaW Report 19 Jan 2010 14:17

Not sure what the Tibbenham is, but have you tried getting in touch with the Suffolk Family History Society, they have a great many resources that may be able to help you.

http://www.suffolkfhs.co.uk/

David

David Report 19 Jan 2010 14:25

hi thank you will try them too
sorry should have said tibbenham family
there is a very old photo of henley road school ipswich also one of some shops on princess street ipswich
also a no of photos taken at 32 carr street ipswich
also photos of a navy ship anyone connected to the navy a s i say have a large no of these photos
contacted sfhs waiting reply

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 19 Jan 2010 15:20

There is a lovely museum type house in Ipswich David, called Christchurch Mansion, they might be able to help identify the photos and if the Tibbenhams are a well known family to Ipswich might know about them too.

I must put my money where my mouth is and write on more of my photos, I had a big bag full from my Mum's house after she died. I had suggested she and Dad go through them and identify the people when he was very ill and they sat together trying to find ways of passing time and distracting Dad from pain, but it never happened and now I have some lovely photos and can only identify half of the people in them, yet I hate to throw the others away.

Lizx

David

David Report 19 Jan 2010 15:28

hi
thank you for the info
i will contact them do you know how to contact them
yes the tibbenhams were well known in ipswich for thier cabinet making also various factories that they ran one of thier cabinets went on sale in the usa it sold for 6.000 dollars about £3.500 not bad
i know what you mean how you like to hold onto photos even the ones that are not identified
regards
david

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 20 Jan 2010 03:24

I have sent you a pm with the link in David.

Let us know how you get on

Lizx

David

David Report 20 Jan 2010 11:09

thank you
yes i will let you know
ive replied to your pm
regards
david
edit, ive just sent email to that museum
will let you know what they say
david

David

David Report 20 Jan 2010 19:33

would people that are on genes reunited & are connected to this tibbenham family & have photos too please contact me

David

David Report 21 Jan 2010 17:33

n

David

David Report 22 Jan 2010 20:13

purple
yoy say if the tibbenhams were known in ipswich well one ot the sons frank tibbenham has his collection of glass & china figurines at christchurch mansion ipswich so even though i have not had a reply from them as yet im confident they will reply
will let you know

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 22 Jan 2010 20:37

That's interesting David, I must have looked at them then as I have been round the museaum twice, I love it, and if I go to Ipswich again will go and take a look knowing they are linked to your family.

Lizx

SueMaid

SueMaid Report 22 Jan 2010 21:00

Try googling the Tibbenhams, David. There is quite a lot of information about them on the internet. Good luck.

Sue

David

David Report 22 Jan 2010 22:20

purple
yes you must have seen franks collections
if you are there again let me know
his mother is emma tibbenham nee davy she is the half sister of my great grandmother charlotte gowing which makes emma my half great grand aunt
regards
david

David

David Report 22 Jan 2010 22:21

sue
thank you
i will do that

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 23 Jan 2010 01:57

David, if I go to Ipswich again I will let you know. Are you far from there?

Lizx

David

David Report 23 Jan 2010 11:51

hi lizx
thank you for your interest in my thread
yes a fair distance away from ipswich i live in nottingham born in kent
i have a lot of rellies & ancestors from that area
if i have not heard from christchurch by monday i will phone them
i have managed to identify the photos of parents of frank tibbenham c 1874 -1946 ipswich he is the person that has his items in christchurch mansion i have some postcards that were written to him in 1943
as i say ive managed to id the photos of his parents john tibbenham born & died in ipswich 1843 -1918
emma tibbenham b norfolk 1838 d ipswich 1909 {the half sister of my great grandmother}
i will keep you informed
regards
david

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 24 Jan 2010 03:42

You know, I kept wondering why Tibbenham jogged my memory and can now recall a company called Willsmore (sp) and Tibbenham who were sort of marketing/publicity people I think. I have googled them but they must have changed names but there is still the office named after them, Tibbenham House, by the railway station in Norwich.

Liz

David

David Report 24 Jan 2010 17:52

hi
i have not heard of that before the tibbenhams i have were all ipswich as far as i know if you give me your email address i will send full details that i have on the tibbenham family to see what you think i have sent you pm with my email address
regards
david
edit type in tibbenham art you will see ceramics & glass ipswich museum
also tibbenham reproduction furniture i have a picture of one of the cabinets sold in usa auction 2000
will send to you on email when i have your email address

David

David Report 29 Jan 2010 17:24

i had contacted ipswich museum as this tibbenham family are known to them i asked them if they can identify these photos of them but sadly they cant
does anyone know of anywhere that will identify the photos ??