General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

can someone help with a quick question

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

kirstendeanne

kirstendeanne Report 27 Jan 2010 16:04

hi
if someone was married at the church of St Peter ad Vincula, Tower of London, tower hill
when searching the marriage records what district would it come under?? would it simply be london or something else?

thanks in advance
kirsten

Wildgoose

Wildgoose Report 27 Jan 2010 16:10

If you search for this marriage on FreeBMD for the names it will tell you the district.

I can have a look if you give me the names.

Birdi

kirstendeanne

kirstendeanne Report 27 Jan 2010 16:23

hi thanks for the reply
this is the bit im stuck with because when i look i come up blank i think its because i have the full name of the man in the marriage which is kenneth r buckland but only the first name of his wife which i have been told is valerie going by kenneths birthdate which is 1926 im guessing he got married any time from 1944 onwards

Helen in Bucks

Helen in Bucks Report 27 Jan 2010 16:28

can't find a London marriage of a Kenneth R Buckland to a Valerie anytihing from 1940-1980 on Ancestry

from my place name index looks like district would be London City, so I'll have another look with that and just his surname

still nothing sorry, are you sure of your info?

kirstendeanne

kirstendeanne Report 27 Jan 2010 16:35

hi thank you for what you have done so far
im definately sure of his name and where he was married as for his wifes name im going by what my nan told me but she is 82 bless her so she could be wrong she also told me they went on to have a son christopher if that helps in anyway??

kirsten

Rambling

Rambling Report 27 Jan 2010 16:43

The Tower of London is in the borough of Tower Hamlets which should help narrow it down

kirstendeanne

kirstendeanne Report 27 Jan 2010 16:45

thank u!

Rambling

Rambling Report 27 Jan 2010 17:02

trouble is this is the only marriage I can find that might be possible...but her first name is Novella

Marriages Mar 1948 (>99%)

Buckland Kenneth R Taunton Stepney 5d 1357

and there is no sign of a son with that mothers maiden name...

I am wondering if the Tower records are kept seperately? ie not on the usual BMDs , and at the Tower itself?

kirstendeanne

kirstendeanne Report 27 Jan 2010 17:07

hi this is what i was wondering as two of kenneths siblings were married at the tower aswell and i can find no record of them either so maybe you are right and the records are kept seperate

thank you
kirsten