General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Anyone notice that tv ad for loans?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Rambling

Rambling Report 27 Jan 2010 19:41

I wonder how many people will stop reading and think 'thats for me' before they see the 2000 plus % interest ?. It takes a lot to shock me but that did!

Maximum loan amount: £750
First loan amount: £300
Typical APR: 1351.7% to 9889.3%
Finance charges: 25% per loan term

How can they justify that? talk about a pound of flesh, and if you're desperate as so many are in this recession you grab at anything that might get you out of trouble , doesn't bear thinking about :(

Whirley

Whirley Report 27 Jan 2010 19:43

That's a disgrace Rose, they need stringing up..............

Muffyxx

Muffyxx Report 27 Jan 2010 19:45

Jeeeeeeeeze those loan ads are on all day everyday too !!!

What always makes me groan (apart from, like you the interest rate) is the way they say oooooooo look we can pay off the bills and STILL afford a holiday !!!!

Yeah right !!!!! because a holiday is going to be a real priority over the roof over your head once the payments start to kick in !!!

Shocking !!! xx

Rambling

Rambling Report 27 Jan 2010 19:48

Hi Whirley, I agree , " making money out of others misery" my mum would have said .

Son was telling me about the interest rate charged by another company that someone he knows used to work for as a collector , bad enough, but this one is in a different league....and yet there are so many people desperate enough to use it, and often they will be the ones who don't read that small print until it's too late..

Sure sign of recession I guess, loan co's and pawnbrokers and companies buying up gold .

xx.

Jean (Monmouth)

Jean (Monmouth) Report 27 Jan 2010 19:48

Muffy, how I agree with you. Some people rate a holiday over paying their bills it seems. Whats wrong with a holiday at home? Thats what we always have.

Rambling

Rambling Report 27 Jan 2010 19:49

They do Muffy, have your holiday and be paying for it for the rest of your life :(

Kay????

Kay???? Report 27 Jan 2010 19:58

Rose the gold ads,arent too bad as termed *scrap* is the best price its been since 70's but I'd advise shop around your local shops who buy if you want to sell stuff you no longer want,,silver aint worth nothing still.as scrap!!!if any have stones or gems,they dont pay for them,,just the gold content,,,,,,so selling a 5 grand diamond ring wont fetch any more in scrap than a £100 wedding ring,,,,,,

Loan ads ,,,,well they all taking to task,they pray on the vunerable...shocking.....

..I'd rather sell me body:}}}}}}}}}}}}

Muffyxx

Muffyxx Report 27 Jan 2010 20:00

We haven't had a holiday since the girls were born !!!!!! Always felt it wiser to put away for a rainy day (thank god I did owing to recent events !!!!!)

We have had days out and weekends away staying with friends......but until I am working again holidays are just not up there tbh...

Can't understand anyone risking their house for a fortnights holiday.......

They say there's one born every minute.......and no one I know would fall for that sort of spiel.........but some obviously do else it wouldn't be worth their while paying out for the advertising in the first place !!! xx