General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Anyone on a diet?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

RStar

RStar Report 27 Jan 2010 21:21

Is anyone else trying to lose weight? I want to lose 2 and a half stone to get down to my target weight. Im not joining a gym so am doing it on my own, although had no luck at all lol.

StrayKitten

StrayKitten Report 27 Jan 2010 21:24

i lost it without trying so im no help lol

i did cut out booze tho, except on a weekend, and i think thats helped loads lol xxx

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 27 Jan 2010 21:32

my doggie she is 40lbs over weight
the vet said i have to keep her on bare rations

its not that she eats a lot she is very old and hardly moves

StrayKitten

StrayKitten Report 27 Jan 2010 21:37

have you tryed switching foods stuff

like butter/.marge for low fat option
and suger for sweeters, if u drnk tea with suger slowly reduce it and eventually u will drink it without suger

i also cook myself less, than i used to, but like i say i havent tryed to loose weight, but i have reduced my portion size, just coz i dont feel i need to eat such a big dinner "unless i go to mams for tea" haha xxx

Whirley

Whirley Report 27 Jan 2010 21:40

RS I was 11 stone a few years back caused by a blood disorder and steroids...........once I came off them, i lost some weight naturally but the rest i lost with Weight Watchers and their points system really helped me. Its suprising if ya cut back on certain stuff it helps. & it does work.

SearchingC

SearchingC Report 27 Jan 2010 21:41

use a smaller plate for meals, thats what we're trying, and just take your time when eating, don't let yourself get so hungry that you scoff your food!

(¯`*•.¸*Karen on the Coast*(¯`*•.¸

(¯`*•.¸*Karen on the Coast*(¯`*•.¸ Report 27 Jan 2010 21:44

try walking, i started walking last year to help cope with panic attacks,i lost almost 2 stone....without changing my eating habits. i usually do about an hour 5 times a week

good luck
Karen x

Whirley

Whirley Report 27 Jan 2010 21:49

Yes exercise/calorie burning is def good............but whetver you do RS dont "scrimp" on what ya eat, if your body is used to say 2000 cals a day and you start living on lettuce leaves etc, your body will start "storing fat" your body will think "ah whats going on" and will start retaining fat etc, hence no weight loss. Ya better losing small amounts of weight each week. eat a sensible balanced diet. Eat a good breakfast, baked beans or toms on toast for example, eat lunch and have a not too heavy supper........

PS Water, keep banging that down ya neck as it flushes ya system...

RStar

RStar Report 27 Jan 2010 23:28

sorry ladies, had to sort kids/dinners/housework/uniforms out etc. Well some brilliant ideas there, walking is good and free! I need to force myself, otherwise I sit here and do beggar all. Some days I think I could stay in forever and never leave the house. I think the less exercise you get, the worse you feel - aches, tiredness etc. Hi Whirley, hope all is well with you, thanks for the water reminder Im so hopeless I forget to drink. Night night all, and best wishes. x