General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

did/does your dog

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Ladylol Pusser Cat

Ladylol Pusser Cat Report 27 Jan 2010 21:27

do something norty whilst you pop out ? xx

Jane

Jane Report 27 Jan 2010 21:33

No ,but apparently he has started `howling'.Daughter was in the other morning and heard this noise and it was him.She has recorded it on her phone!!!.I don't want to go out now LOL.I think it is this separation thingy.

Whirley

Whirley Report 27 Jan 2010 21:34

Er Yes..............I have left my handbag behind before, with chocs/sweets in..........and the Zeus man has nicked em..............he never used to go into my handbag, only in the last few months he has done this. And at Xmas, if we popped out, he pinched the chocs off the xmas tree...............

he always looked so "smug" when we came back ................

Whirley

Whirley Report 27 Jan 2010 21:35

Jane my boy howls............not always but yes, it is a seperation thing...........

Ladylol Pusser Cat

Ladylol Pusser Cat Report 27 Jan 2010 21:47

lol jane n whirley, if we forget to take the waste paper bin out marley takes all the paper out and shreds it saves us a job i guess, jane marley howles if we take eboney out the room for a bath he don't stop till we come back in, it was so funny the first time, he is only tiny but he throws his head right back, my daughter is good and mimicks him they both sit doing it lol, whirley eboney some how managed to get in a tin of roses at xmas lol, another thing they do well i think its just marley he puts paper work anything in reach on the floor, when specky says who's done this he hides so we know xx

Jane

Jane Report 27 Jan 2010 21:48

But they do settle down don't they Whirley.My boy is always conked out on the settee in the study when I get back.I sit in the car on the drive and can hear him,but have to take a deep breath and just go.He has only just recently started this nonsense lol.He is 10 now ,maybe he is getting a bit of dementia !!

Jane

Jane Report 27 Jan 2010 21:53

Puss,my daughter age(26) can get him howling in seconds .They seem to have a competition lol.

Whirley

Whirley Report 27 Jan 2010 21:56

Ha Jane, I had the 2 of em, my girl Tanisha died 2 years ago, so they were always company and he was ok until abt a year ago. I think it is an age thing, my boy is very clingy but he just loves being with us.......and we are to him ,his mum and dad.....lol, sounds soft but thats how it is......
My boy howls, when we go shopping, we wait in the drive way and then he starts...........if when he knows we're going out for a walk,(him included) i zip to the loo and leave him in the lounge, he howls.................

he is 9 in Feb a Rottie, a soft teddy bear, he sleeps up with us since we lost Tanisha.............we tried one night to leave him the luxury of the lounge/sofa, but nope he howled......................they want us..

Jane

Jane Report 27 Jan 2010 22:08

Whirley ,so sorry you lost your Tanisha,I can't imagine that.My Chester sleeps in the lounge on his own at night and is fine.First thing in the morning when OH brings me a cup of tea in bed ,Chester jumps on the bed for a fuss and a rub round his ears then he is under the Duvet ,goes right down the bottom and will sleep until I get up.Loves to lick my feet while he is there lol.But he will never get on the bed if OH is in it !

Ladylol Pusser Cat

Ladylol Pusser Cat Report 27 Jan 2010 22:10

its so funny jane, thankfully we only have 1 neighbour he has a son that plays the drums so mutual agreement of a bit of noise,
whirley we used to let ours sleep with us, eboney would sleep nearly on my head marley at my feet, but he would bite my toes so they were sent down stairs lol xx

Whirley

Whirley Report 27 Jan 2010 22:15

Ha Jane, Tanisha and Zeus wld sleep down in the lounge together,but when we lost her, Zeus slept up with us, his bed is on floor next to us. He waits for OH to go off to work, then sits on floor looking at me, taps his paw on the floor, which means, he wants to come up on the bed with me......and I let him of course. Our holidays are UK based cos I cldnt never put Zeus into kennels...

Puss, Zeus wld howl now if I made him sleep on his own

Ladylol Pusser Cat

Ladylol Pusser Cat Report 27 Jan 2010 22:21

im the same whirley one nite away would be too much , my 2 are so like , i give them a chew each but the one wants the others one, then they fightover 1 whilst one is just lying there
im off to bed now dog tired lol xxxx

Whirley

Whirley Report 27 Jan 2010 22:22

Haa yes Puss, my 2 were like that, like kids, give em a toy each they'd want each others etc...

night hun xx

Dianne

Dianne Report 28 Jan 2010 09:22

My dog has never done anything especially naughty, just comical things, but my cat was very naughty last week.

I had a carrier bag full of all my dad's important papers, bank statement, council tax stuff, bebefit stuff, solicitors stuff. During the night the cat climbed into the carrier bag and pee'd and poo'd all over the paperwork. It was especially embarrassing as I had an official coming the next day who needed to see the paperwork so that dad could get a grant towards a stairlift. I didn't speak to the cat all day.

At christmas doggy kept putting her paw into the tin of chocolates and stirring them up until she found the exact one she wanted, then she would gently take it out and wander off with it, unwrap it and eat it under the table. It looked so comical. They say God helps those that help themselves.

Dianne xx

Ladylol Pusser Cat

Ladylol Pusser Cat Report 28 Jan 2010 10:15

lol dianne, id wrapped my grandads some belgian choccys up and had mums and families presents in a bag ready to take, i forgot the bag and when we got back i noticed the ripped paper on the floor, we hunted everywhere for the box of choccies, we later found them after xmas thankfully she hadnt eaten them, aware of that choccy is poisions for dogs, i remembered to put the selection packs in the hall way before i went to bed one night, stupidly specky put them back in saying they will be ok, hours later you could here the little devils up to no good, so specky went down and put a blanket over the presents and selection packs that were ripped open, (the box) i said have you taken the boxes out, half asleep he said no ive put a blanket over them !! so couple of hours again specky went down as he often does as his backache wakes him, eboney was really poorly being sick, she had eaten the lot, we were so lucky she didnt die, its such a shame they cant eat something they love the dog ones arnt the same i had a bite there like cardboard