General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

WONDERED

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

DIZZI

DIZZI Report 28 Jan 2010 11:52

WHEN I WORKED CERTAIN SITE WERE BANNED SUCH AS EBAY,
JUST WONDERED IF SOME COMPANYS ALLOWED YOU TO
USE THE PC FOR PERSONEL USE,
I KNOW OF SOME WHO LOG THEIR WORKFORCES
WEB AND PERSONEL PHONE USE

StrayKitten

StrayKitten Report 28 Jan 2010 11:55

some do and some block them,
when i worked in the nursery we had full web access,

so we could if we wanted to browse, but we would have got told of for it if caught lol, i only used to use it on my lunch break xxx

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 28 Jan 2010 11:56

sometimes been the boss has advantages

DIZZI

DIZZI Report 28 Jan 2010 11:59

DAUGHTERS FIRM GIVE YOU A NICE FAT PHONE BILL
EVERY SO OFTEN
AND MOBILES ARE BANNED IN THE OFFICE

TeresaW

TeresaW Report 28 Jan 2010 12:01

Last place I worked allowed personal use during lunch hours, but some sites such as facebook were blocked. The place before did not allow web access at all, unless you were a team manager,when it was necessary for access to reports.

I had to sign an agreement that I only used the internet for personal use in my own time, and that my activity on the net would be blocked. We did have the odd day when the IT department were messing around with settings and facebook would be allowed, which we all made the most of until they realised lol