General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

What do you find difficult to do now that

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Rambling

Rambling Report 28 Jan 2010 18:04

you could do easily 10 years ago ?

With me it is going up and down a ladder painting , and getting down to the skirting boards ( well I can get down , it's getting up again thats the problem lol). My knees are just crocked.

xx

Muffyxx

Muffyxx Report 28 Jan 2010 18:07

Flutter my eyelashes and get what I want LOLOL

(except with OH) xx

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 28 Jan 2010 18:08

i dont know about 10 years ago

but my dog benson refused to have a bath today
and i coudnt lift him in

Julia

Julia Report 28 Jan 2010 18:09

Rose, can only do decorating jobs these days, that I can sit down for, ie.floor cupboards and skirting boards. Can't stand on anything to do higher jobs. Lost me sense of balance going through the change LOLOL
Julia in Derbyshire

michael2

michael2 Report 28 Jan 2010 18:11

snap it realy get,s to me as i was a painter and decorater for 25 yrs . still like to think i can do it but cant.

Rambling

Rambling Report 28 Jan 2010 18:15

Muffy I don't think I could ever do that lol

Joy is he big? I used to put my neighbours dog in my shower , couldn't lift into a bath .

I'm not good on heights anyway Julia...lol I am ok going up but nervous coming down :)

msc, very frustrating isn't it...the legs and back just won't hack it now .

xx

Blue Moon

Blue Moon Report 28 Jan 2010 18:15

I know what you mean about the knee's Rose :~{

Oh ( Doctors orders ) I'm not allowed to lift anything you have to hold your breath to lift...if you understand what I mean ,so upper body strength isn't as good as it used to be.

StrayKitten

StrayKitten Report 28 Jan 2010 18:19

i find it difficult to get up on a morning haha, but littlun sleeps till 9/10 so its ok lol, but i think its more the winter morning putting me of i have no trouble int he summer lol xxx

**Stella ~by~ Starlight**★..★..★

**Stella ~by~ Starlight**★..★..★ Report 28 Jan 2010 18:19

clean right through the house in one day and do the garden...lol
can't do that now..i feel worn out thinking about it.. lol

TeresaW

TeresaW Report 28 Jan 2010 18:20

Run, do hill walking, climb over a stile, curl up in a ball to stretch my back muscles when they go into spasm, swing my grandkids round like I used to swing my kids...

But there's still a lot I CAN do...

ButtercupFields

ButtercupFields Report 28 Jan 2010 18:39

When I get down on my knees I could be left like that forever if I don't have something to winch me up again! XX

Ladylol Pusser Cat

Ladylol Pusser Cat Report 28 Jan 2010 18:41

dance on tables lol xx

Ladylol Pusser Cat

Ladylol Pusser Cat Report 28 Jan 2010 18:42

err excuse me muffy was that before your pther way pmsl xx

Jane

Jane Report 28 Jan 2010 18:47

Knees!!!! lol.I won't say what I find more difficult now.It would be whooshed !!!!
Kneeling down to clean the grate out is also a nightmare.There is nothing nearby to grab to pull myself back up.The dog thinks I'm just down there to play lol

ButtercupFields

ButtercupFields Report 28 Jan 2010 18:53

Haha Jane I have often tried to lean on my dog to get up but she gets a bit miffed....lol

Muffyxx

Muffyxx Report 28 Jan 2010 19:00

The* other way* is generally a last attempt Puss lol xx