General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Cost of research

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kerry

Kerry Report 28 Jan 2010 20:54

hi i dont know if anyone can help me but a friend has asked me to research her family history for her as she does not get the time. She has asked what i would charge her and i really dont know what to say as i have done all my own research and not paid for anyone to do it for me.

could anyone give me any help in this.

cheers
Kerry

KempinaPartyhat

KempinaPartyhat Report 28 Jan 2010 21:03

very difficult question .......

How much do you think she wants you to find out coz the more depth the more time and would she want you to travel to get info....

Think you would need to ask her lots of questions to get an idea what and how much she wants from you

Couldnt you just offer to help prehaps 2 hours a week ......together surely thats about the time we spend as friends together