General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

NORTON RENEWAL WARNING

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Grabagran

Grabagran Report 29 Jan 2010 01:08

WARNING> Last year, I took out Norton online, and paid for it with my card. It was due for renewal on 24th January. I bought it at a good price, and cancelled the renewal when it came up on the screen. They even told me I needed to take action, as they couldn't activate my card. It was a new one, so NO, they wouldn't be able to. ONLY>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
I today discovered they had debited my account for £39.99 on 6th January.
I have inofrmed my bank, who will freeze the payment, and I have emailed Norton telling them exactly how I feel about them having the audacity to debit my account 18 days before the renewal date.
How very presumptious of them!!!!!!

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 29 Jan 2010 10:01

Not sure how legal that is either. However, it is very annoying and just shows what can happen when we pay by card. Hope you get it refunded.

Lee

Lee Report 29 Jan 2010 10:22

Iv'e had dealings with Norton, and would never ever do business with them again.

Grabagran

Grabagran Report 29 Jan 2010 13:11

Hi Ann. Don't think it's legal to take it out of my account without prior notice.
Hello Lee. It was on offer at a particular company, so I bought it as it was half the price Norton themselves were charging, but this has left me very wary of the service they actually provide.
Still awaiting their reply to me email, so we'll see.