General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Wootton Bassett

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

TeresaW

TeresaW Report 29 Jan 2010 14:02

Just seen on the news the latest two of our boys coming home from Afghanistan. It never fails to get to me when I see it live. Two soldiers laying flowers on the hearse, then holding each other to cry, the sound of a woman crying for her loved one, the toll of the bell, and the silent unity of the residents of Wootton Bassett who stand with them in total respect.

Regardless of the inquiry going on this morning with Tony Blair over Iraaq, THIS makes me proud to be British.

****MO***Rocking***Granny****

****MO***Rocking***Granny**** Report 29 Jan 2010 14:12

Charles and Camilla are going there today I believe

Grabagran

Grabagran Report 29 Jan 2010 14:19

Always a heartbreaking sight, and it doesn't get any easier.
If we feel like that just watching the news, then how must the poor grieving families and friends feel.
My heart goes out to them all, and yes, it does make me proud to be British, but it makes me feel so ashamed of our political leadership, no matter who they are.

Julia

Julia Report 29 Jan 2010 14:21

TW and Leith Lassie, how I so agree with you both
Julia in Derbyshire

TeresaW

TeresaW Report 29 Jan 2010 15:47

Charles and Camilla have just arrived there now

StrayKitten

StrayKitten Report 29 Jan 2010 16:01

:( xxx

Silly Sausage

Silly Sausage Report 29 Jan 2010 17:24

So true Teresa and I can not explain how I feel when once again the town turns out to welcome them, home must be a comfort to the family ...