General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Its so light this evening ...

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Silly Sausage

Silly Sausage Report 29 Jan 2010 17:21

Its a hughed full moon....

TeresaW

TeresaW Report 29 Jan 2010 17:34

Is that behind the snow clouds Hayley?

Silly Sausage

Silly Sausage Report 29 Jan 2010 17:40

we had sunshine today...**shakes head ** no more snow please....

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 29 Jan 2010 17:43

Look at Buggs thread on gen to see what to look for at 9 tonight. Unfortunately we have got cloud here at the moment.

TeresaW

TeresaW Report 29 Jan 2010 17:50

Fat chance of seeing anything here, we've had blizzards lol

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 29 Jan 2010 17:52

covers Hayley's full moon with a blanket lol

its freezing here full moon or not

and its Friday

guess some will be baying tonight for sure

Kay????

Kay???? Report 29 Jan 2010 17:55

I hope its not cloudy,,,,,,,am all geared to try new telescope out tonight,,,,,,I'll report what I see,,,:}}}}}

ButtercupFields

ButtercupFields Report 29 Jan 2010 17:57

There;s a great view from here, Hayley, come and join me in the gutter and you will see Mars:-) XX

Silly Sausage

Silly Sausage Report 29 Jan 2010 18:03

Get out of the gutter BC tsk ...evening ladies

Whirley

Whirley Report 29 Jan 2010 18:17

I;ve just made a telescope and am waiting for 9pm now...

LittleWhiteDove2022351

LittleWhiteDove2022351 Report 29 Jan 2010 18:17

Evening everyone.
Kay please don't tell my hubby you've got a new telescope,he's been badgering me for ages to let him get one and I said NO.... lol
I want him to have one but as he's likely out of work soon I wont let him
Am I being too horrid???

Kay????

Kay???? Report 29 Jan 2010 18:27

LW,

Yes you are,being just plain nasty,}}}},,,wish I'd known Trish he could have had my other one,((

It has its plus sides ,,you can relegate him to the garden or hills while you have house to yourself.....

You can get a failry cheap one that does a good job,less than £50......

There nothing to see of the moon tonight as its too bright and shows no surface....(

BC get up outa there,Mars!!!!,way youre laying people will see a moon on the ground}}}}}

LittleWhiteDove2022351

LittleWhiteDove2022351 Report 29 Jan 2010 18:35

Hi Kay
well sob I'm not really bein nasty cos i really want one too and him and son and Grandson are ganging up on me so bet they win in the end.. mmmmmm if he can get one for 50 quid wonder why he's lookng on e-bay at all these for few hundred he's havin me on...He can get one out his redundancy money... lol

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 29 Jan 2010 18:48

remember, the longer the better!

short telescopes lose out a lot, because of the colour shift,tingeing and halo effect....(unless its a Newtonian!)

bob

TeresaW

TeresaW Report 29 Jan 2010 18:56

Hmm, I can only see from my front door and if there isn't cloud there, there's a flippin street light right outside.

LittleWhiteDove2022351

LittleWhiteDove2022351 Report 29 Jan 2010 19:05

Clear as a bell here the moon is absolutley gorgeous tonight..

Thanks Bob I'll remember that!!! lol

Kay????

Kay???? Report 29 Jan 2010 19:21

LW,

The higher the magnifaction the more it costs,,,,

mine new one was quite pricey,but will last for years.I got the tripod as well......

second hand £150- £250...... can get you a pretty good one,,,dont buy one without a tripod,,,,

LittleWhiteDove2022351

LittleWhiteDove2022351 Report 29 Jan 2010 19:30

It's a good hobby as we can all join in and enjoy looking at the skies.. Scares me to death though I tend to try NOT to think about the infinity of it all..