General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Have had snow

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Elizabeth A

Elizabeth A Report 30 Jan 2010 07:16

...again this morning in Surrey near croydon, started bout 05:15 - not too heavy tho.

Liz

Yvette

Yvette Report 30 Jan 2010 07:25

hi Elizabeth,
your post took my eye because we came from the Croydon area to NSW 1967. A snowy morning sounds beautiful, although my family and friends assure me its not always as lovely as it looks.
Take care and stay warm x

Elizabeth A

Elizabeth A Report 30 Jan 2010 07:28

Hi Yvette
Hope you are well.
It is nice - sometim-depends if you ha ve to be out in it LOL - don't lkike it myself, am at work and finish in hour or so.
I live between Croydon and Sutton so not too far to get home thankfully

Liz

Elizabeth A

Elizabeth A Report 30 Jan 2010 07:41

nudge

Yvette

Yvette Report 30 Jan 2010 07:46

ohm I posted and lost my connection. I was born in Carshalton, my mums family lived in Woodmansterne from the late 1800's. Its a small world :)
Its not so good having to work on Saturday morning, but hope you have the rest of the weekend to yourself. Its been mild here today, a good day for gardening and lolling about. Nearly home time for you

me

me Report 30 Jan 2010 07:48

does anyone know if its snowing in the Lakes

Yvette

Yvette Report 30 Jan 2010 07:50

I'm going to watch the world news this evening, hopefully will see the snow on there . have a lovely cozy weekend
x

Elizabeth A

Elizabeth A Report 30 Jan 2010 07:51

Hi Yvette
I live in Carshalton on the Hill, it's the area of Stanley Park Road, its a nice enough area. Mum lives near to St Helier Hospital.Although we are from Essex - originally.
Funny thing is - found that my paternal grandmother (nan) always stated she was born in Essex - she was actually born in Mitcham, and the number of times I had been past the area she was born/and lived, as i used to livei n Streatham until a few years back and used to go via mitcham to see mum.

Looking forward to going home, been at work since 23:00 and now 07:50 - just over half hour to go

Liz

Elizabeth A

Elizabeth A Report 30 Jan 2010 07:52

ory father hoffmeister - dont know if it has in the lakes

dont know why some of my posts are being duplicated this morning.

R.B.

R.B. Report 30 Jan 2010 07:53

Yep about 4" and still coming down thick and fast.

xxx

Yvette

Yvette Report 30 Jan 2010 08:25

The world gets smaller Elizabeth. My mum lived in Stanley Park Road when she was a kid, and we lived in Mitcham before we came here. YOu've probably gone now Elizabeth, I'm between making dinner and trying to maintain an internet connection.
Guys, does it usually snow for such an extended period?
Maybe its the site playing up and not my internet.

Elizabeth A

Elizabeth A Report 30 Jan 2010 21:32

Hi Yvette
Finally made it home, the snow did not last long, and not too much, still a little bit - more like a layer of frost around where the sun didnt get to.

You are right - small world,

Hows your internet tonight??

Liz

Yvette

Yvette Report 1 Feb 2010 01:21

ooo sunday LIz was 1/2 lazy and 1/2 groceries. The internet picked up later. I changed to wireless and it gets queer every now and then.
Lovely day here, Liz wont be long and all the spring bulbs will make you forget winter. x