General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Cravings in Pregnancy

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

ann

ann Report 30 Jan 2010 19:57

I was a sniffer with my last child.I used to carry around a tin of Jeyes Fluid and have to have a sniff every 20 mins lol.I had a girl.What was yours and did you have a boy or girl?

Muffyxx

Muffyxx Report 30 Jan 2010 20:01

Mustard early on with the first one......then apples in the last month......Had a girl.

Second pregnancy....could only stomach big macs for the first 4 months but after that no cravings.......another girl xx

Rambling

Rambling Report 30 Jan 2010 20:03

corned beef...hell for a vegetarian lol ,

Jane

Jane Report 30 Jan 2010 20:03

I had no cravings with either of mine .Girl first and then a boy.I did have problems with a blocked nose in both pregnancies so couldn't smell or even taste lol.

Ladylol Pusser Cat

Ladylol Pusser Cat Report 30 Jan 2010 20:04

sniffing windolene, everyone guessed when i was pregnant cause i cleaned the windows, shoe polish eating little bits of it , however did you know that needing to sniff certain products is a sign you have a low blood count and its called PICA , they you go, hey grannie did you ever tell your doctor, i did he laughed and said dont put it in a bag and sniff the stuff lol xxxx

TheLadyInRed

TheLadyInRed Report 30 Jan 2010 20:05

Kippers before I even knew I was expecting my son! Then moved on to Dime bars - couldn't get enough of them!
Then I remember sending my husband out at 3am to search for a fresh cream meringue - but it had to be pink on one side & white on the other - with a cherry and angelica on top before birth of my daughter.

KempinaPartyhat

KempinaPartyhat Report 30 Jan 2010 20:05

1st one ...jelly babies and and boy
2nd one meatballs on bread and buttet and a boy
3rd one bean sprouts and anothet boy
4th one honey and tango....LOADS and a girl

Jill 2011 (aka Warrior Princess of Cilla!)

Jill 2011 (aka Warrior Princess of Cilla!) Report 30 Jan 2010 20:05

Tins of Heinz potato salad. I would buy a (small) tin every time I went shopping ... (almost daily to get some exercise) as soon as I was home I had to open it and eat it - straight from the tin.

Haven't touched the stuff since.

And for years my son would not eat potatoes!!

Jill

TeresaW

TeresaW Report 30 Jan 2010 20:13

No 1, Chips with scraps, but only from one chippy, no other would do....went right off coffee....boy.

No 2, Cadbury's chocolate fingers, two boxes a day!!!, then one day an uncontrollable urge to eat ground cinnamon like sherbet!.....went right off coffee...girl.

Annina

Annina Report 30 Jan 2010 20:15

Baby no 1 no food cravings,but used to get up in the night fancying housework, girl.

No2 burnt black toast with pilchards, boy.

Can't remember any with baby 3, girl.

No4, Cheese and jam sandwiches,or chicken and leek soup with great dollops of cheshire cheese, girl.

No5 ,fried onion sandwiches,11 Ib boy.

clairejo

clairejo Report 30 Jan 2010 20:16

With my first bananas ( the only time I have ever eaten them) - boy
My second, tuna and mayo sandwiches - girl

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 30 Jan 2010 20:21

1- CocaCola in a glass with ice, no other cola or pepsi would do - Boy

2- no cravings as such - girl

Went off a lot of things with both inluding coffee.

ann

ann Report 30 Jan 2010 23:42

My daughter is on pickles? Only 3 grandaughters Annie