General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

IF it's

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jill 2011 (aka Warrior Princess of Cilla!)

Jill 2011 (aka Warrior Princess of Cilla!) Report 30 Jan 2010 21:01

stereo - for two speakers

and

quadro - for four speakers

What is it for three speakers?

This is not a riddle - I want to know what the answer is - if there is one!

Jill

Jane

Jane Report 30 Jan 2010 21:02

Tri ?

Jill 2011 (aka Warrior Princess of Cilla!) Report 30 Jan 2010 21:06

Triphonic?

hmmm

thank you - I will Google

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 30 Jan 2010 21:06

Dunno Jill

But when I was at work a boffin type suggested that to get another dimension from Stereo, if you connected another speaker(of the same value) across the +ve terminals it would enhance the stereo..... placed midway between the two ordinary speakers
Bob

Jill 2011 (aka Warrior Princess of Cilla!) Report 30 Jan 2010 21:11

Found this on Wikipedia

The 'Tri-phonic Turntable' [1997] is listed in the Guinness Book of Records as the 'World's Most Versatile Record Player'.

Janek Schaefer

So I'm happy with tri-phonic - thank you.

I'm not planning to do something amazing with speakers it was just that earlier this evening I had OH snoring on the sofa, the dog snoring at my feet and my son snoring in his room - and I wanted the word for "3x snoring" sorry - must be the OCD kicking in!

Jill

Amanda2003

Amanda2003 Report 30 Jan 2010 21:31

It sounds as if you have stumbled upon the " harmony of three " isn't that a Feng Shui thing ?............sorry but it made me giggle : ))

Jill 2011 (aka Warrior Princess of Cilla!) Report 30 Jan 2010 21:34

It wasn't that harmonious from where I was sitting Amanda!!

Jill

Amanda2003

Amanda2003 Report 30 Jan 2010 21:37

I bet it wasn't...........lol

It isn't the snoring that gets to me , it's the wind !! with three dogs and OH in the room of an evening it can get really rough in here ...........lol

Jill 2011 (aka Warrior Princess of Cilla!) Report 30 Jan 2010 21:40

LOL Amanda

Annina

Annina Report 31 Jan 2010 00:40

Now that you have been given the correct answer,you could also call it,a bl""dy awful racket!!!

Merlin

Merlin Report 31 Jan 2010 13:42

Meybe you should get a pair of Tweeters,( aka.Blacksmiths Long Handled Pliers) used for all sorts of things.I think Vets use a similar type of things occasionally.**M**.:o)>