General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

In Memoriam thread..

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 31 Jan 2010 04:35

I am sure I saw this recently but can't find it now. I just wanted to add my late daughter Zoe's birthday message on there. 36 years ago I was in the very early stages of labour but only 30 weeks pregnant.
Stupidly I sat and watched tv last evening and it was '9 months' a film with Hugh Grant in....... very evocative but my story didn't have a happy ending.
It's too difficult to get to the cemetery today as there is some snow and o.h. has arranged to go to his father's, so I won't be able to get there. (He wasn't her father) It's a bit pointless really, as there is a yew tree overhanging her little grave now so no spring flowers will come up this year, the tree has taken all the goodness and shades the grave from the light, nothing will grow there anymore. There used to be snowdrops on the grave at this time as well as all over the area the grave is in. If I put a plant or flowers on, they get stolen or thrown about by vandals. I had to get insurance on the headstone in case it gets smashed and it gets all green and dirty from the lack of light and the squirrels and birds sitting in the tree and pooping on the grave and throwing half eaten cones down.

Lizx

Kathy near the

Kathy near the Report 31 Jan 2010 12:23

Liz

Thinking of you on this difficult day .

love and hugs

kathy xxx

Crystalcat

Crystalcat Report 31 Jan 2010 12:27

How awful for you Liz (((( HUGS))) for you today xx

*** Mummo ***

*** Mummo *** Report 31 Jan 2010 12:33

Can't find the " In Memoriam" thread as well, such a shame.
Liz thinking of you today, x

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 31 Jan 2010 12:47

Thinking of you as you treasure memories of little Zoe.

((hug))

Gwyn

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 31 Jan 2010 17:34

thanks Kathy, Carol, Gwyn, Mummo and Cc - there used to be tiny rose bushes on Zoe's grave till one of the gardeners at the cemetery mowed over her plot and broke them all off, some didn't grow again. More were planted by the cemetery but typcially, someone went and got more plants, bigger roses than I had on there and one each of red, white, yellow, and pink which clashed horribly. Then they got mowed over too so I put some more small ones on there but they didn't live because of the tree growing bigger. Once was the time the cemetery people were allowed to trim back the overhanging branch, but nowadays the council have to do it and only cut it if it is a health and safety issue. Ludicrous!

It's a shame if the In Memoriam thread has been whooshed.

I have been watching the omnibus of Eastenders, as I had missed lots during the week, daft thing to watch today but it didn't get to me, as it was so laughable really.

I suppose after 36 years people might think I should be over things and it has become easier as the years have passed by, but it was such a traumatic time in my life I can't help but remember.

Lizxx

*** Mummo ***

*** Mummo *** Report 4 Feb 2010 11:31

Thinking of my dear sister who passed away 13 years today .

Kitty 1.12.48--4.2.1997.

Hurts as much today as it did all those years ago. xxxxx

clairejo

clairejo Report 4 Feb 2010 12:18

Thninkg of you Liz xxxx