General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Gold membership

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Erica

Erica Report 31 Jan 2010 10:59

Can you advise me which paid membership is the best value, I use GR standard member and Ancestry but not a paid member.
Erica

Jill 2011 (aka Warrior Princess of Cilla!)

Jill 2011 (aka Warrior Princess of Cilla!) Report 31 Jan 2010 11:02

Personally, from what I've read on other threads on here, I wouldn't bother with the Gold membership on here.

I use Ancestry. I started with the basic co.uk package and then added the next bit up (another £20 or so) as I wanted to access the London parish records. If you break down the cost of Ancestry over the year it is not that bad - and the parish records have saved me a fortune in marriage certs ... so for me at least, it's paid for itself this year!

Jill

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 31 Jan 2010 16:50

I've nudged up Dan's thread (its on this board).

Kath. x