General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

can anyone help me pls

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Annmarie

Annmarie Report 31 Jan 2010 21:32

i havnt been serching long and not really familier with the site yet so please forgive me if i am not met to ask questions on here but where do i look to serch records befor 1806 census ect. as trying to find a william davey,s(1806) parents and dont know where to look for this info i have requested his marage cert to get info from that but even when i get it how do i look for parents detail.

sorry for any inconvinence i have cause
thanks again
annmarie

Maddiecow

Maddiecow Report 31 Jan 2010 21:39

Hi Annemarie, you should really be using the trying to find board but we all start somewhere. I am a decendant of that clan although not directly - there are a lot of williams in my tree as the father and son carried on the name. PM me and use the trying to find. Glad youve joined the sight and wishing you the best of luck.

LanarkshireLassie

LanarkshireLassie Report 31 Jan 2010 21:51

Hello Ann Marie. Welcome to GR.

As you have said, we all have to start some where.

As Maddie has said, best that you post your enquiry on "trrying to find" board.

The more information that you have about you rellies, and can then share with us, the better chance that someone on the site will be able to help you with your search.

Wishing you well.

Gail

Annmarie

Annmarie Report 31 Jan 2010 21:59

thank you both i should get the hang of this soon hopefully and fingres crossed i will be able to find some distant relatived or not so distant.