General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Panorama tonight

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Uggers

Uggers Report 1 Feb 2010 20:46

Is anyone watching?

Muffyxx

Muffyxx Report 1 Feb 2010 20:47

Wasn't intending to......

What's it about? xx

Uggers

Uggers Report 1 Feb 2010 20:49

It's on now - about Lynn Gilderdale who was tried for attempted murder after assisting her daughter's suicide. Very moving.

StrayKitten

StrayKitten Report 1 Feb 2010 20:50

but then id miss corra!

oh i might watch it on catch up later
x

Uggers

Uggers Report 1 Feb 2010 20:53

Worth watching, Stray although I was almost swayed by Keith Duffy coming back:))

I don't know how anyone could not do what the woman did for someone they love

Muffyxx

Muffyxx Report 1 Feb 2010 20:54

Oooo I think I'm going to have to pass on that one.
Can't do heavy emotions at the mo....I'll be blubbing til the early hours if I watched that........xx

Uggers

Uggers Report 1 Feb 2010 20:56

You're probably right:)

SueMaid

SueMaid Report 1 Feb 2010 20:57

No - I'm not watching it.

Sue xx

Sally

Sally Report 2 Feb 2010 04:34

Didn't watch that one Uggers, but the Dimbleby Lecture with Tony Robinson reading Sir Terry Pratchetts words really held my attention.....

He was putting his points forward on the right of assisted death and choices.......I won't go into it as this is not the subject of your thread.......but I have to say that Sir Terry's words were so moving, sometimes I laughed, and sometimes I cried..... Tony had to read the words because Sir Terry, who was diagnosed with early onset A;tzheimers, has trouble with reading......Sir Terry also made a programme last year about his problems and has given 1 million towards research into this dreadful disease.....

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 2 Feb 2010 05:48

Hi Sally, I watched the Terry Pratchett programme and have his previous stuff on the dvd recorder as it was really interesting, I want o.h. to watch it but he watched the Dimbleby prog last evening and was rather thoughtful. With his dreadful memory problems which have been getting worse over the years, and he is only 56 -on Friday- I think it stopped him in his tracks. The stuff Tony R read out was so well written, how hard it must be for Terry P and his family and friends to watch him slowly deteriorate.

Uggers, I watched some of the programme with Lynn Gilderdale, missed the beginning but I really felt for her. As was already said, the case should never have been brought to court but maybe it was a good thing, altho hard for Lynn and her family, as it's made things come to the fore even more than previously.

I don't know if I would have the courage to do what she did tho, must have been so very hard for her, but hard for her to watch her daughter suffer so much too.

Lizx

Deb Vancouver (18665)

Deb Vancouver (18665) Report 2 Feb 2010 06:21

Off topic here.
Is Keith Duffy the actor who played Kieren. That gorgeous Irish guy?

Deb

valinkent

valinkent Report 2 Feb 2010 07:55

Yes Debs he is...
I watched Panorama with tears in my eyes...what a brave lady to do what she did.
I recorded The Dimbleby Lecture and will watch it later.