General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

would you adam and eve it

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

michael2

michael2 Report 1 Feb 2010 21:35

a little while ago i was invited to a wedding and would be told of the date etc. never heard any more so i went ahead and booked a trip to belgium. only to find out that that was the day of the wedding to which i had a message on f/b calling me a w****r for going to belgium. this was by a stupid little inmuture little girl . so i told her to do one . what would you do?

Uggers

Uggers Report 1 Feb 2010 21:36

Same as you did.

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 1 Feb 2010 21:37

Tell her to give plenty of notice for the divorce party cos you'd just hate to miss that!

michael2

michael2 Report 1 Feb 2010 21:40

sorry i should have said it,s not her wedding it,s her brother. he,s a step nephew so i exspect it will cause a rift in the family. hey ho.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 1 Feb 2010 21:49

well, they should have let you know shouldn't they!

A few years ago we got one of those "The marriage between xxxxx and xxxx is announced. You are being invited to the wedding to be held in xxxxx USA, and will be notified of the date later"

Still haven't been told the date

........................ but met the father the other week, and he said the marriage was in the USA, different city from what I remember, and they now have 2 children.

But they weren't relations ..... had just been neighbours for about 10 years.

Sally

Sally Report 1 Feb 2010 21:50

Don't know the answer msg........just loved the answer given by Sueping.......great reply......

michael2

michael2 Report 1 Feb 2010 21:56

well the upshot is i am going to belgium and tol her in no uncertain word,s to sod off at grow up . wont tell you her reply.