General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Tues 2 Feb, Imbolc Festival/Groundhog

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Elizabethofseasons

Elizabethofseasons Report 2 Feb 2010 01:50

Dear All

Hello

Today is the festival of Imbolc, preparing for the arrival of spring.

FESTIVAL OF AWAKENING:

Imbolc or the old spelling Imbolg is the ancient cross-quarter celtic festival, falling 6 weeks after the winter solstice.

There is rising energy in the earth and the days will grow longer and the flowers and leaves will appear again.

From now until the spring solstice, cleaning and organising the home and environment is important.

This is the time to plant seeds for ideas and make positive efforts towards plans you have. Work with your intiution.

The goals for this time of the year are devotion to family and showing ethical attitudes in all you do.

Take care
Very best wishes
xx

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 2 Feb 2010 03:40

That's very interesting Elizabeth, thanks for enlightening some of us. I will be very glad when the days get longer, I hate the dark wintry days.
Take care

Lizx

Elizabethofseasons

Elizabethofseasons Report 2 Feb 2010 17:45

Gentle nudge please

Thank you
xx

Joy

Joy Report 2 Feb 2010 20:36

I thought I added the following yesterday; it seemed to have disappeared.

Thank you. And it will be Candlemas.

Elizabethofseasons

Elizabethofseasons Report 2 Feb 2010 21:12

Dear LaGooner

Hello

Most people don't like spring cleaning, they just like it when it is done!

Seriously, all around the world today different festivals with various names have been taking place to look forward to spring.

Its lovely to know the blessings of spring seen in nature will arrive soon.

Take care
Very best wishes
x