General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Hot Matches

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Elaine

Elaine Report 2 Feb 2010 18:17

I have 5 hot matches (five star) but the person I contacted is not interested and not researching anymore, there is nothing I can do about it, that is her choice which is such a shame. How do I block off these hot matches so that they do not reappear on each listing?

MrDaff

MrDaff Report 2 Feb 2010 18:19

You can't, unless the other person deletes his/her account...

Good luck

Love

Daff xxx

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 2 Feb 2010 18:23

Provided that she doesnt re-send her tree,

wont Discarding them get rid?

Bob

MrDaff

MrDaff Report 2 Feb 2010 18:34

I don't think so Bob... when I first joined and put my tree on here, I was shocked to have a match almost immediately... a very good one.. about 60 matches... well, she would, she was my young first cousin, and there are hundreds of us, lol... but the shock was, she had died at just 37 a few months earlier..... eventually her tree was removed by GR, but it took a long time, and every time hot matches came out, there would be her name!! It was spooky.

Love

Daff xxx

Stevie

Stevie Report 2 Feb 2010 19:05

No Bob....Each month GR checks the names in your tree with all of the rest on the data base, ten sends them to you.

The only way not to get any hotmatches, is not to have a tree on GR.

Steve
:o)