General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I've just filled in my first job application for..

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Muffyxx

Muffyxx Report 3 Feb 2010 18:38

More than 10 yrs !!!

Wow........the questions are SO different from the ones they used to ask in *the old days*

Feel positively ancient now....I'm really going to have to get a grip on this new fangled jargon !!! xx

TeresaW

TeresaW Report 3 Feb 2010 18:41

Good luck with it Muffy. It's different for every job these days...

Hope you get it..

Muffyxx

Muffyxx Report 3 Feb 2010 18:43

I'm not holding out much hope TW as it's a term time only job so it's bound to be very popular......plus I have absolutely no experience in the field.....i'm relying on my sparkling interview skills to see me through *gulps* lol.

Ta hon......I'll keep you posted xx

teesdale

teesdale Report 3 Feb 2010 18:45

wots it for muffy

StrayKitten

StrayKitten Report 3 Feb 2010 18:45

gud luck babes xxx

Silly Sausage

Silly Sausage Report 3 Feb 2010 18:45

I think filling in thses forms are daunting ....did you do on line ?

Muffyxx

Muffyxx Report 3 Feb 2010 18:45

It's at the local college in the kitchens...........I want to be Victoria Wood in Dinner ladies LOLOLL x

Muffyxx

Muffyxx Report 3 Feb 2010 18:46

No the form arrived today and I've filled in it....it's just the stuff they ask Hayley all this......are you more like this.....less like this malarky...I wasn't like any of the answers fgs LOL xx

teesdale

teesdale Report 3 Feb 2010 18:46

lol xx

i couldnt work with college kids much prefer the elderly

**Stella ~by~ Starlight**★..★..★

**Stella ~by~ Starlight**★..★..★ Report 3 Feb 2010 18:47

Good luck Muffy..

Muffyxx

Muffyxx Report 3 Feb 2010 18:47

I don't mind older kids and the elderly Trinity.

I'm also looking at applying for a job in a care home but as OH works shifts it's very difficult to fit work in around him.

But I'll keep ploughing on xx

Silly Sausage

Silly Sausage Report 3 Feb 2010 18:48

thats how they score you, if you answer A to no 1 that 5 points if you answered C its 1 point and so on... if you get over a certain % your through to the next round.

Muffyxx

Muffyxx Report 3 Feb 2010 18:48

Ta Stella xx

Muffyxx

Muffyxx Report 3 Feb 2010 18:49

Thing is there must be a way of bypassing those questions if you KNOW what it is they're trying to get at.

I just don't !!!

I've been out of the loop far too long I think x

**Stella ~by~ Starlight**★..★..★

**Stella ~by~ Starlight**★..★..★ Report 3 Feb 2010 18:50

i worked a lot of years with the elderly in residential home.. i found it hard work but very rewarding..

Muffyxx

Muffyxx Report 3 Feb 2010 18:52

I think I'd enjoy it too Stella....as I say.....it's just working round school and OHs job.......but I'm told a lot of care jobs are very flexible....so hopefully the right one will turn up sooner or later !! xx

*** Mummo ***

*** Mummo *** Report 3 Feb 2010 18:53

Muffy, all the best, hope you get it.

Muffyxx

Muffyxx Report 3 Feb 2010 18:54

Thanks Mummo ...I don't think I will though but thank you !!! xx

teesdale

teesdale Report 3 Feb 2010 18:56

dementia care is brill so rewarding i love it

Muffyxx

Muffyxx Report 3 Feb 2010 18:58

Well the president of ICI ain't willing to hand over to me...don't understand why !!!!!!!...so I'll have to take what's about LOL xx