General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

wot a lovely women, after such a shock

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust***

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust*** Report 5 Feb 2010 09:53

gareth thomas welsh rugby star and his wife,
in a report on bbc wales news website, how when after 8 years of marriage he told her he was gay,
theyd known each other since teenagers, and put up with a lkot of rummours,
she said as they grew closer she kinder thought maybe it werent true
she had three miscarriages, and after the 3rd he collapsed after mini stroke during a news interview,
then recently sat her down and said
tho he loved her so much, their love for each other was real,
but he had this in back of his mind that he is gay and he cant stop it,

she says she still loves him,
but cant think of the maybes or what ever happened with other men in her relationship,
she has to block that out,

shes one strong brave cookie

Grabagran

Grabagran Report 5 Feb 2010 11:53

I saw him on the telly a few weeks ago, and felt for him.
His wife must truly love him, and she has to be admired for this, and choose whatever path she feels is right for her.

It must take guts to come out for anyone, but more so if you're looked upon as the macho men rugby players are thought of.

I wish them both well in their lives for the future.

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust***

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust*** Report 5 Feb 2010 12:00

me too,
it would be lovely if they stayed friends,

Grabagran

Grabagran Report 5 Feb 2010 18:53

Yes Alan. Eastenders are running a storyline about an Asian being gay just now. It's doing a good job, showing how in their culture it is totally forbidden.
A friend of mine is friends with a gay couple , who have been together for 20yrs, and are both of good education, who have just adopted to siblings.
I wish them well for the future, and they are only the second gay men in the country to do so.

I personally would still love any of my family if they had been gay, as everyone is entitled to live their life.

Linda

Linda Report 5 Feb 2010 19:54

Gareth Thomas and his wife have been on this morning talking about his coming out (not at the same time). I did not see his interview but it showed a bit during hers and you could just see how much they loved each other. They'll alway be there to surpport each other, his wife said, it was really very moving.

lynn