General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Are you a 'magnolia' person? or do colour

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Rambling

Rambling Report 5 Feb 2010 19:00

charts really inspire you?
What has been your favourite ( or least favourite) room, in an 'unusual' colour?

I ask because all I have been doing lately is painting with white and magnolia.....

xx

StrayKitten

StrayKitten Report 5 Feb 2010 19:05

my brother has a thing of painting everything white, and i thought ohh noooooooo mag all the way, anyways i was leasantly surprised and its looks lovely and clean

but i would rather have colour lol xxx

Amanda2003

Amanda2003 Report 5 Feb 2010 19:08

Rose..............I get an almost over whelming urge to lick Turquoise paint..............lol............I have always manged to stop myself but it isn't easy......lol
I LOVE coloured paint and have had most of them at some point in time .
I once painted my front room bright yellow ( it was on offer at a most reasonable price ) I did feel a bit like I was living in an egg yolk for a time .
I have also discovered that you don't tend to find spiders in rooms that are painted bright orange !

Jill 2011 (aka Warrior Princess of Cilla!)

Jill 2011 (aka Warrior Princess of Cilla!) Report 5 Feb 2010 19:08

Anything but white and magnolia ...

Bathroom has white suite and white tiles - then has one wall, bath panel and area to back of basin finished in wood - tongued and grooved. So all the wood and the ceiling is a sort of denim blue colour.

Jill

Dame

Dame Report 5 Feb 2010 19:11

Canary Yellow kitchen yuk had to wear shades..Success same prime colour but different shades lighter darker ect...

Julie

Julie Report 5 Feb 2010 19:14

I have a through lounge so all the walls are Cream & the 2 chimney breast wall are Red like a blood Red

My least favorite was doing my daughters bedroom a couple of years ago...now bearing in mind i did 3 rooms in a week and hers was the last....bubblegum Pink & pale Pink in the alcoves

Rambling

Rambling Report 5 Feb 2010 19:15

never mind the spiders Amanda , I'm not sure you'd find me in an orange room either lol.

I used to have (in my own house) different colours, violet and blue bedrooms, green living room, yellow kitchen... best thing were the two bedroom ceilings, mine a light blue sky and D's a midnight blue with stars lol.

Stray , white does look clean and bright, I must admit,

Jill your bathroom sounds nice, I have some T & G at the buy to let, but painting it white also as the house is quite dark.

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 5 Feb 2010 19:24

For years we lived in rented accommodation and moved often, so when we eventually settled we allowed the children to choose their bedroom colours.
Dove grey walls with Poppy red doors
Violet walls with white doors.
Dark green walls with yellow ceiling and woodwork.

At present the Violet room is now primary yellow,left from when young grandson lived here and the grey room is mid blue.
All soon to be decorated., I hope.

Gwyn

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 5 Feb 2010 19:25

In the past i've had all colours!
A great one was grey walls - throughout the downstairs! It didn't look too bad, I had it with blue & pink flowery curtains & sofa covers (matching - made by me) and red and black in the dining rom and kitchen!
Prior to that - the theme was pink throughout.
Had yellow living room as well.
Now I have buttermilk downstairs and on the stairs, and all the bedrooms are white - with woodwork painted the same colour.
I much prefer it, as over the years I have 'acquired' stuff and clean walls makes it look less cluttered.
I also no longer have carpet (apart from the stairs).

Rambling

Rambling Report 5 Feb 2010 19:44

lol Maggie, I wondered if you would arrive ;)

we did have grey in a place we moved into, living room was already painted in it and it was sooo depressing in a Welsh winter , it had to go quickly lol...