General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Thinking of all those in

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

ShimmsRedRoseAndMistletoe

ShimmsRedRoseAndMistletoe Report 6 Feb 2010 18:11

Washington DC and other parts of the USA affected by these severe snow storms.

xxx Shimms xxx

Jill 2011 (aka Warrior Princess of Cilla!)

Jill 2011 (aka Warrior Princess of Cilla!) Report 6 Feb 2010 18:12

Have they reached Queens yet?

(wicked cackle as ex-husband lives there and I know he loves a good moan!!)

Jill

ShimmsRedRoseAndMistletoe Report 6 Feb 2010 18:13

Not sure Mrs Grumpy, sorry. Just listening to the news hearing of how severe the weather conditions are.

xxx Shimms xxx

Beejay

Beejay Report 6 Feb 2010 18:17

Shimms where've you been we've missed you, no don't answer that let me guess. How're you doing, Archie sends Cass a wag.
I was watching America on the news this morning, do you think we might get some, we do hope so.

Good evening Mrs G, hope you're well

Jill 2011 (aka Warrior Princess of Cilla!) Report 6 Feb 2010 18:19

I'm well thank you.

Ex-husband is in regular contact with son at the moment so I will find out fairly soon what weather is like around NY.

By the way - good to see you Shimms.

Jill

ShimmsRedRoseAndMistletoe Report 6 Feb 2010 18:22

It's good to see you too Jill :)) xxx

Oh Beejay (((hug))), Cass sends Archie some doggie treats through, says woof too. :))

I've had lots of snow recently, Cass loves it but me ... think I'll have to ask my baby sis for skiing lessons lol! xxx

TeresaW

TeresaW Report 6 Feb 2010 18:22

It usually means we get the tail end of it a few weeks later. Bodes well for a good start in March....

Beejay

Beejay Report 6 Feb 2010 18:29

Archie loves it too, got some great pictures of him playing in it last time, got to admit I'm a big kid when it snows too lol

Jill 2011 (aka Warrior Princess of Cilla!) Report 6 Feb 2010 18:31

We have snow forecast here for next Wednesday ...

Jill (in East Kent)

ShimmsRedRoseAndMistletoe Report 6 Feb 2010 18:32

Oh I do hope not TW. My son was born in March and it was just absolutely glorious, like a hot summer. Mind you, you may be right ... the weather seems to be returning to how it was in my childhood. xxx

Cass too Beejay and me lol ... we make our way to the Green and Common, then he runs about, rolls in it whilst I make patterns with my wellies in the soft snow lol! xxx

Beejay

Beejay Report 6 Feb 2010 18:36

He was a bit puzzled when it made snowballs on his legs, he's only got little stumps anyway so his walking looked a bit funny.
Jill if I don't get any I shall make my way to your house of that's ok

Jill 2011 (aka Warrior Princess of Cilla!) Report 6 Feb 2010 18:38

So long as you bring a snow plough and a load of snow trucks Beejay and take it all away - that'll be great!

Jill

ShimmsRedRoseAndMistletoe Report 6 Feb 2010 18:40

I used to live near Kent Jill, in Essex although it was usually mild there. Across the bridge in Kent the weather could be the absolute opposite. Have friends still there and apparently it was dreadful this time.

Beejay, I have such a picture of Archie in my head, bless him. :)) Cass has such a short coat that it takes forever to dry it but ... large feet, didn't realize how large until I saw his paw prints in the snow.

Beejay

Beejay Report 6 Feb 2010 18:41

OK that seems fair
Off for a slice of chocolate cake now so see you later

Shimms Archie has lots of hair, a b...ger to brush but it keeps the wet of his little body

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 6 Feb 2010 18:46

Jill
Please don't send any down to the coast.
Wouldn't want to deprive Beejay.

I bet my friend is glad she is away with friends, instead of home in Philadelphia.

Gwyn

TeresaW

TeresaW Report 6 Feb 2010 19:01

Shimms, both my children were born in March, and it snowed on both times I brought them home from hospital...and I had my hip done in March, bed by the window looking at a blizzard outside.

ShimmsRedRoseAndMistletoe Report 6 Feb 2010 19:10

Hi Gwyn, just heard further reports ... airports closed and more in Washington. Sounds dreadful.

We'll have to arrange to get together to send our lovely Beejay snow :)) xxx

You've jogged my memory TW ... suddenly remembered one dreadful March travelling up to Scotland, having to be diverted due to adverse weather conditions. Dreadful, the snow was so high and yet when we left home there had been no such weather conditions forecast. Made it somehow to celebrate a family member's 25th wedding anniversary. xxx