General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I deleted my Thread

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 6 Feb 2010 23:36

I was getting earache

Amanda2003

Amanda2003 Report 6 Feb 2010 23:43

So was I Sylvia............I'm off to my bed now ...........night all : )

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 6 Feb 2010 23:51

Anyone got some paracetamol ??

TeresaW

TeresaW Report 7 Feb 2010 00:00

*passes cotton wool to stuff in Mildred's ears*

nite all ~~~~

TeresaW

TeresaW Report 7 Feb 2010 00:00

Oops that posted three times....

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 7 Feb 2010 00:16

Lynda luv, you wouldnt have a hairgrip I can have to rake out me ear 'oles ??

X Lairy- Fairy

X Lairy- Fairy Report 7 Feb 2010 01:28

lol sorry but i just PLMSFL zzzzzzz

X Lairy- Fairy

X Lairy- Fairy Report 7 Feb 2010 02:37

Janey you said that so well xx

Mick from the Bush

Mick from the Bush Report 7 Feb 2010 02:57

Well said!

xxxxxxx mick

~~~Secret Red ^^ Squirrel~~~  **007 1/2**

~~~Secret Red ^^ Squirrel~~~ **007 1/2** Report 7 Feb 2010 08:46

Ok here goes. To be honest I thought Lynda had a point about some of the way that "newbies" and others are talked to on GR by some people. There are a lot of helpers that are friendly and understanding but there are "searchers" who don't sound friendly and understanding in their replies (although they very well may be).

Now if you were to say well who is it then that talks in a offhand/rude way? I wouldn't be able to tell you. I don't take down names and membership numbers (not having a go at those that do by the way).
I couldn't and wouldn't want to list people's names but yes I do think it needs to be addressed how people are being spoken to. If people are leaving this site or not posting because they are upset at the way they've been spoken to, then it is a problem.

If a number of people are saying they've had problems and they are genuine, which I believe they are, then it is a problem and I think people need to know so that they can look at how they are posting themselves and think could/should I have worded it differently.

I'm not intending to offend people but I think it needed to be said.

At the risk of being controversial, perhaps we should be looking at the way we address each other on chat too? After all we may be putting newbies off posting on chat :)

I hope today everyone has a lovely peaceful Sunday :) (and that's just a reference to lack of fighting nothing about the headaches/earaches before anyone asks)

Merlin

Merlin Report 7 Feb 2010 15:17

Sounds like somebody has been on another "EGO" trip, Pity because it usually buggers up a good thread.**M**.

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 7 Feb 2010 15:33

Blimey, this thread is so full of holes today, it's a good job I caught the gist last night before I went to bed...lol