General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

on the buses just started

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Ladylol Pusser Cat

Ladylol Pusser Cat Report 7 Feb 2010 12:21

dont make them like they used to cause they can't i know, i still see olive look alikes about tho xx

Ladylol Pusser Cat

Ladylol Pusser Cat Report 7 Feb 2010 12:47

must be the only one watching it its sooooooooo rude xx

Silly Sausage

Silly Sausage Report 7 Feb 2010 12:49

Hello Puss I love on the buses but what women in the right mind would of twice at Jack and Stan he was about 57 then infact Blakey was only in his 30's........lol

Ladylol Pusser Cat

Ladylol Pusser Cat Report 7 Feb 2010 12:50

hiya hayley just seen thingy out of eastenders what was her name lol michelle mum xx

Silly Sausage

Silly Sausage Report 7 Feb 2010 12:53

Wendy Richards? is she a dolly bird, clock Olives pins if you can coz I noticed they are good and well tanned and well groomed...

Ladylol Pusser Cat

Ladylol Pusser Cat Report 7 Feb 2010 13:29

yes thats the name xx

Ladylol Pusser Cat

Ladylol Pusser Cat Report 7 Feb 2010 15:02

anyone else watched it xx

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 7 Feb 2010 16:34

Where I used to live, in Nunhead, they used the local bus garage for some scenes in the series, but not sure about the film version( or is it the otherway round) hmm oldtimers again......

Bob

Ladylol Pusser Cat

Ladylol Pusser Cat Report 7 Feb 2010 16:37

funny you said that bob, i was wondering which depo was used the one in shrewsbury looks familiar too whith the steel roof ect xx

Jill 2011 (aka Warrior Princess of Cilla!)

Jill 2011 (aka Warrior Princess of Cilla!) Report 7 Feb 2010 16:45

My dad worked on the buses after he came out of the Navy. This is a true story:

On the Buses: He loved his job. Cheerful and happy most days, he was generally relaxed with the passengers. But he didn’t like rudeness or liberty-taking.

Title: The Suitcase under the Stairs

Whenever the bus pulled into a stop he waited on the platform at the back of the bus, ready to assist, making sure there was no pushing or shoving and keeping an eye on the numbers of remaining seats.

People with luggage usually checked if it was alright for them to stow the suitcase under the stairs. There was a notice above the cubby hole asking passengers to check with the conductor. And conductors were happy to help, particularly as it could be awkward, lifting heavy suitcases over the metal retaining bar and making sure they were stacked safely.

So, “She clambers onto the bus with her suitcase and without a by your leave” hurled the suitcase under the stairs, causing Dad to hop nimbly to one side. “And off she trots to the front of the bus.”

However, her suitcase was not properly stored, hanging over the metal retaining bar by several inches. Decisions, decisions. Should he push it back safely or not?

As the bus continued its journey he edged the suitcase a little further out of the cubby hole using his heel. By now a reasonable amount of case overhung the front of the cubby hole, although it was still quite safe. Then, at the next stop, he had a word with the driver, George.

At the next stop Dad gave the pre-arranged 4 pings on the bell to George. George, entering the large roundabout picked up speed and shot round as fast as he could. Dad, who was collecting fares just inside the lower deck, happened to see the suitcase flying out of the back of the bus and scattering belongings to the wind. Ever the gallant London Transport employee he dashed to the bell and gave the emergency 3 pings. The bus screeched to a halt.

Approaching the owner of the case he kept a straight face as he explained what had happened. “Could you keep the bus waiting for me while I collect my belongings?” she asked. He may well have considered doing so if she had said please but “Sorry, love. We run to a timetable. Be more than my job’s worth.”

Jill

(I think at the time he was working around the Kennington/Vauxhall area)

Ladylol Pusser Cat

Ladylol Pusser Cat Report 7 Feb 2010 16:57

serves her write i hate bad manner s funny story tho hillarious, can you think of anymore i loved those old london buses trying to run after them as they were pulling off lol some stopped, my ex got on but had to jump off as i couldn keep up xx