General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

ONE BORN EVERY MINUTE

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Grabagran

Grabagran Report 11 Feb 2010 16:23

DID ANYONE WATCH THIS ON TUESDAY EVENING?

WOULD YOU HAVE YOUR 18YR OLD SON IN THE ROOM WITH YOU AND YOUR PARTNER WHILST YOU WERE IN LABOUR AND GIVING BIRTH??

HEARD TODAY OF A WOMAN WHO GAVE BIRTH RECENTLY WITH HER 2 YOUNG DAUAGHTERS PRESENT.

*** Mummo ***

*** Mummo *** Report 11 Feb 2010 16:28

I saw this programe and l couldn't understand what he was there for, him and his dad were getting on my nerves when they kept laughing............bet they would have been crying if it had been them in labour.

Grabagran

Grabagran Report 11 Feb 2010 16:36

Thought the dad was an obnoxious b_@@er to be honest.

Hope the girl Lisa's wee one pulls through ok

PollyPoppet

PollyPoppet Report 11 Feb 2010 16:55

Hi
No way would I have my 18 year old or any of my kids there when I was giving birth
Didnt have my hubby there at the birth of my 2
tried with the first that was enough
first one he was getting on my nerves telling me when I was due to have a contraction with his new watch
then he wiped my face with a dry cloth grrrrrrrrrr
i asked the nurse to send him for a cuppie by the time he got back it was all over id had my son lol
2nd one i had her before he got to the hospital my mum was with me thank god

Grabagran

Grabagran Report 11 Feb 2010 16:59

PP Hi. I had my ex hubby there when I had my two, and he was ok considering lol
Mind, he was a butcher so was used to bloody messes lol

Don't think its the kind of thing your offspring should see, unless it happens all too fast. Thought the woman's son may have wanted to be a midwife or the likes, but he stacked shelves pmsl

**Stella ~by~ Starlight**★..★..★

**Stella ~by~ Starlight**★..★..★ Report 11 Feb 2010 17:07

i thought the husband and son were really ignorant and not at all caring...

PollyPoppet

PollyPoppet Report 11 Feb 2010 17:15

I didnt watch it
but why would you want your 18 year old gawping at your bits while your giving birth is beyond me
its like these people that have all the family there with them filming it
not my cup of tea

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 11 Feb 2010 17:50

when I was an expectant dad i was told "right off you go father, ring up in the morning!!"

Bob

what I cant understand is 50+s wanting to be mums, surrogate or otherwise, I mean unless they unzip it

the skin is not so elastic then is it?

PollyPoppet

PollyPoppet Report 11 Feb 2010 17:53

PMSL
Hi Bob
I just spat me cuppie all over the keyboard

**Stella ~by~ Starlight**★..★..★

**Stella ~by~ Starlight**★..★..★ Report 11 Feb 2010 17:57

i was an "older" mother Bob when i had my fourth...lol

Wend

Wend Report 11 Feb 2010 18:06

I thought the husband was a total prat and just showing off for the camera.

KempinaPartyhat

KempinaPartyhat Report 11 Feb 2010 19:21

The bloke in that program was horrid ...THEN to top it all they said he was a police officer and could deliver babies !!!!!!! OMG would you want him to deliever yours coz I wouldnt !!!

Annina

Annina Report 11 Feb 2010 19:53

I absolutely agree with you all. The father came across as an obnoxious oaf.

And the thought of having a teenage son present, well, decidedly odd.

Although I did have a young, student male midwife deliver my last baby,it was my fifth and when they asked if I minded,said he had to learn, so may as well be me.

But, still,your own son...........noooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

Wend

Wend Report 11 Feb 2010 21:05

I couldn't believe my eyes when, after giving birth to my second, and legs up in stirrups ready, a dishy young lad walked in to stitch me up. I was past caring though and just lay back and thought of England - that was 29 years ago. Chance would be a fine thing these days . . .he he

MarilynB

MarilynB Report 11 Feb 2010 21:14

Couldnt believe that 18 year old son was watching the birth, so embarrassing, the thought of my own son being there is unimaginable, and did you see when they were both laughing and the husband tried to lock her in the toilet, cant imagine him being happy if he were the one going through the pain, there wouldhave been a divorce even before the birth if it had been me.