General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Tangents...do you go off on them

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Rambling

Rambling Report 11 Feb 2010 21:34

whilst looking at records and find yourself wondering if Mr Baker who had 5 children baptised on the same day enjoyed his occupation of "Bird stuffer" ?

Or how Mr Loveman got his name ( and whether he lived up to it) ? or whether Mr Blizzards gt gt gt etc was born during a snowstorm....

or is it just me who does this lol

xx

Jill 2011 (aka Warrior Princess of Cilla!)

Jill 2011 (aka Warrior Princess of Cilla!) Report 11 Feb 2010 21:34

Just you Rose.

(looks pointedly at nails and whistles)

LOLOL

Rambling

Rambling Report 11 Feb 2010 21:35

that's what I thought Jill LOL

xx

ChAoTicintheNewYear

ChAoTicintheNewYear Report 11 Feb 2010 23:34

Rose, I go off on tangents all the time. It doesn't have to be genealogy related lol

Annina

Annina Report 11 Feb 2010 23:37

Since discovering that I can view all the pages on a census record, I lose myself for hours looking at all the neighbours on the street.

More often than not, it is a place that I am familiar with, and I find it fascinating. Trouble is, I usually forget what I was looking for in the first place.

Rambling

Rambling Report 11 Feb 2010 23:39

lol Cat, I do like some of the names I am finding, Mr punter the painter lol ....

20 years of baptisms I have just waded through at the church where "all the family were christened" ..not one!

xx

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 12 Feb 2010 00:03

Isn't that the point of genealogy?
Could be the reason I have so few on my tree - someone takes my interest and I'm off!
My g x 6 grandfather was allegedly the 'Heaviest man in England' when he died in 1842 - he was only 32 stone. But one newspaper gave the weight of his wife & daughters (one daughter was 14 stone) and declared them a 'weighty ' family! LOL
....How would you go about that? Hello Mrs 'X' sorry about your loss - you look lovely and 'comesome' - how much do you weigh? PMSL

Susan10146857

Susan10146857 Report 12 Feb 2010 00:19

I have been off on a tangent all day Rose. Started off on one Library ended up on two others, ...can't remember who or what I was looking for now but had a good read on the way :-))