General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Genes Extras

Genes Reunited subscription bonuses

As a way of saying thank you to our subscribers, we have launched Genes Extras. You'll find exclusive competitions and discounts on family history magazines, days out and much more.

Take me to Genes Extras

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Endometrosis - New Update 2nd Aug xx

Page 6 + 1 of 30

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Ice ~ Ice ~ Baby

Ice ~ Ice ~ Baby Report 19 Nov 2010 13:41

Jules Army Wife

Are i hope you hear soon mate i hate the waiting game .....

They haven't offered me anything just said if it cant be done that day because i cant cope

They will offer alternatives to be done on another day ....

x

KempinaPartyhat

KempinaPartyhat Report 19 Nov 2010 13:44

Hysteroscopy is usually done as a day-case procedure. This means you have the procedure and go home the same day. It can be done under either local or general anaesthesia. Local anaesthesia completely blocks feeling in your cervix and you stay awake during the procedure. General anaesthesia means you will be asleep during the operation.

Hope that helps ladies ...

Ice ~ Ice ~ Baby

Ice ~ Ice ~ Baby Report 19 Nov 2010 13:47

KempInSunHat

thanks for your advice i have rung and asked them they said they only offer that if they have tried to do proceedure

And they have had to stop for some reason ( ie ) you cant cope with pain while doing a biopsy

Oh who woud be a woman x

Cath2010

Cath2010 Report 19 Nov 2010 16:10

Ice-Ice-Baby,
Hope you are ok. I had a hysteroscopy almost 3 years ago and was terrified at the prospect! (never mind the embarrassment). It was done with a local anaesthetic and although uncomfortable it wasn't painful. Only had slight cramps after and was back home 3 hours later. Needed a hysterectomy because of the results which I wasn't looking forward to but I can honestly say after the problems I had before it was the right thing to do and improved quality of life for me.
I wish you all the best and hope you get your problems sorted out soon.

Cath xx

Cooper

Cooper Report 19 Nov 2010 16:14

Hi Ice, make sure you have someone with you to go home with after the hysterocopy, just for a bit of moral support and also you may not feel like driving or getting on public transport on your own.
Hope it all goes ok.
Teresax

Ice ~ Ice ~ Baby

Ice ~ Ice ~ Baby Report 19 Nov 2010 17:38

Catherine 2010

Sorry reply took a while mate trying to get used to all these changes

Thank you for your reply and i have to agree with you the embarassement part im not looking forward to.

I just hope they find the cause of it so it can be treated ...

They wont be using any anaesthic ... they will only use that if the proceedure has to be stopped

Which would mean it would have to be done again but at another time

But i am glad i put the thread up as i dont have any other female members of family to talk to about it.

There is only my daughter in her 20's so wouldn't want to burden her with this

Ice ~ Ice ~ Baby

Ice ~ Ice ~ Baby Report 19 Nov 2010 17:42

Cooper

Thanks mate my oh going with me .....

So there will be a cuddle waiting for me when the proceedure is done.

Must admit i dont really talk to him about it as i find all womens problems embarassing

And he not in good health himself so dont want to worry him

Jean (Monmouth)

Jean (Monmouth) Report 19 Nov 2010 19:06

Ice, thats why we are here! Must admit after nursing and being a frquent patient, little embarrasses me and I do sometimes find that I am embarrassing other people! I feel quite sorry for young students when they sit in on examinations, they dont know how to react!

Ice ~ Ice ~ Baby

Ice ~ Ice ~ Baby Report 19 Nov 2010 19:11

Jean ( Monmouth )

Are thank you that means alot to me x

I do feel sorry for the students especially when they see me coming

Thank you

Ingrid in Oz

Ingrid in Oz Report 21 Nov 2010 11:16

I am with Jean on this, been there that many times I don't get embarrassed anymore but can embarrass others when talking.

Good Luck to you both on your upcoming procedures and if offered I would take the Hysterectomy, you won't know yourself after recovery a whole NEW woman.

keeping you both in my thoughts
xo.

Ice ~ Ice ~ Baby

Ice ~ Ice ~ Baby Report 21 Nov 2010 15:21

Ingrid In Oz

Thank you for your comments hopefully will know more when proceedure has been done and the results are known

Hopefully proceedure can be done on the 9th Dec fingers crossed

x

~~ Jules in Wiltshire~~

~~ Jules in Wiltshire~~ Report 22 Nov 2010 11:04

Still no date for me yet...Hubby said he will just drop me off and pick me up after!!. I wonder why they are knocking me out when it can be done without....

I'm the kind of person that doesn't get embarrassed and it's a good job too..I just want to find out whats going on....

Jules xx

Ice ~ Ice ~ Baby

Ice ~ Ice ~ Baby Report 22 Nov 2010 16:43

Jules Army Wife

I am not sure mate regarding yourself ....

Oh your braver than me mate i wont even let my oh see my body as hate it

But why is it men have to go hospital we have to tag along we go and we are just dropped off :(

Wishing you well well though mate keep me informed xx

KempinaPartyhat

KempinaPartyhat Report 22 Nov 2010 18:44

I had it done about 18months ago and they knocked me out ...that was my first time ...

Prehaps its down to post code again

lol Ice thats funny ..Hubby got hospital tomorrow and I have to wait around!!

Ice ~ Ice ~ Baby

Ice ~ Ice ~ Baby Report 22 Nov 2010 19:26

Kemp In A Sun Hat

lol mate see proves my point mate ....

Your hubby goes to hospital - hope it goes well by the way and you have to tag along like the good wife. :)

Your turn to go hospital and your will hubby be very good he will just drop you off pmsl

x

~~ Jules in Wiltshire~~

~~ Jules in Wiltshire~~ Report 22 Nov 2010 21:10

Ice-Ice-Baby..

Will keep you informed...Having a bad day today, stomach cramps etc so off to bed with a heat pad!!!

Jules x

Ice ~ Ice ~ Baby

Ice ~ Ice ~ Baby Report 22 Nov 2010 21:22

Jules Army Wife

Are sorry to hear you are suffering today mate hope you manage to get some sleep

If possible tomorrow let me know how you are mate

take care and get some rest xx

~~ Jules in Wiltshire~~

~~ Jules in Wiltshire~~ Report 6 Dec 2010 12:26

Ice-Ice-Baby

Hi
Have just got a letter from the hospital, have a date for Thurs 13th Jan at 12.30......
Good luck for Thurday ..

Jules xx

Ice ~ Ice ~ Baby

Ice ~ Ice ~ Baby Report 6 Dec 2010 15:54

Jingling Jules Army Wife

Sorry my reply so late mate have had an awful day :) will be glad when it over

I'm glad your letter has now arrived and i hope they manage to sort you out hun x

Will let you know how i get on hun if i go as to be honest the fear at the moment has really took over not had much sleep with the worry ...

Then today got woke up at 7am by massive explosion at top of our road made whole house shake but it only woke me up typical x

Then our house phone hasn't worked since friday - and they still cant find the fault x

Due to the explosion our telly and internet wouldn't work they have all only just come back on

Also manged to set meself on fire ( dont ask ) got lovely burn now under my chin which is stinging like mad

Oh such a happy day ..... NOT

So will be so glad when today is over xx

Ice ~ Ice ~ Baby

Ice ~ Ice ~ Baby Report 9 Dec 2010 16:23

Hi Everyone :-

Just to let you all know i had a restless night sleep with worrying ....

Well i went this morning a bag of nerves where i met the nurse who was very nice and answered all my questions and re assured me

I was then took in the room for the embarrasing proceedure to start :-

But in all fairness the proceedure was not as bad as i thought it was going to be and there was slight discomfort i have got a few stomach cramps at the moment but they said i might have these for the next 24 hours but otherwise feeling fine.

They took biopsys as discussed so now have to wait for the results.

But i am to now have an operation under general anaethsia called endometrial abalation which will burn the lining of the womb away :-

Apparantley 80% of people are cured of heaving bleeding and insome cases bleeding stops altogether

They are not sure whether they will send pre op appoinment letter and date for operation out before the biopsy results or after the results.

But consent forms for operation have been signed today so now looks like all systems go ..

There is a few risks which can happen from the surgery ( ie ) bleeding infection injury to cervix or womb and internal injuries .. but any damage will be repaired.....

Had to be warned of risks as they can happen ... But this case with any surgery.

I will probably get nervours when letter comes due to not had op since i was 2 ...

I would just like to say thank you to everyone who has pm'd me offering support and advice and for being there for him

You have all been great so thank you everyone xx