General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Electoral Rolls

Looking for living relatives?

Search our UK Electoral Rolls (2002-2013) and find your living relatives today.

Search Electoral Rolls

New electoral roll records

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Do You Live In * $parkling * WALES?

Page 10 + 1 of 634

1. «
  2. 11
  3. 12
  4. 13
  5. 14
  6. 15
  7. 16
  8. 17
  9. 18
  10. 19
  11. 20
  12. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Von

Von Report 1 Apr 2014 17:29

Ann
I can sympathise with your OH. I bought a packet of tomato seeds this morning and when I opened the packet was horrified to find that there were only nine seeds in the packet. :-0 :-0 :-0
They had better grow
<3 Von

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 1 Apr 2014 17:02

We had a very misty start to the day and quite chilly but like Von by about 2pm the sun came out and it was very warm in the garden, spent a couple of hours pottering in the garden and planting on 16 tots(plug plants) for my baskets later. They are now in the conservatory. OH has spent all afternoon planting seeds in the greenhouse. He was disgusted that his yellow (can't remember which sort) tomatoes had less than half the seeds that were in the packet last year.

The builders were here today preparing the ground for the bottom patio, having wheeled all the bricks, cement etc up and down the lawn I am wondering if it will ever recover, it is a muddy patch now.

I came in intending to make some cards but was so tired I couldn't be bothered. Can't stand the pace obviously. :-(

i have read back but can't remember what I read except that Bethan said the neighbours have gone. Get the flags out Bethan. I hope this is permanently gone and you now get some nice neighbours. :-) :-) :-) <3

Von

Von Report 1 Apr 2014 16:52

Hi Jem and everyone looking in
We had the opposite weather wise. The day started very grey and dull but as forecast the sun came out about 1pm and it was 23 degrees on my patio. Really toasty warm :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D
Hope everyone is having a good day
Take care
<3 Von

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 1 Apr 2014 14:18

Good Afternoon Gang :-) :-) <3

It was a very strange start to the morning, here in the South West. Extremely bright sunshine when I was on the school run which was reflecting off the wet ground and was blinding. There was also quite a lot of mist about.
It's lovely now though with a bit of a breeze. :-)

:-) SHAUN-
What a fabulous weekend you have had with the family and what a lovely lunch you cooked! Do you hire yourself out? I can nick Mersey's Pink helicopter again,and come to fetch you to cook for me! :-D :-D

:-) SILVERBUDDY-
Lovely to see you- we have missed you! Hope you will be feeling better soon!

:-)TEC-
So sorry to hear that you had to go all through that awful treatment in hospital Tec. How is the new Collie?

:-)BETHAN-
Well done on your achievement yesterday! You were not that far away from me! :-)
Don't get too stressed re holidays arrangements :-)

:-)DIANE-
Great to see you! You sound like you had a really good weekend :-)

:-)VON-
Watching your Grandchildren in Shrek must have been wonderful! What presence of mind your Grandson had to be able to improvise like that!Well done to him!

:-) JUDE
Have you found out what the gnawing is coming from yet?:-D

:-)ANNG-
Hope that you're garden is sorted soon and that you will have the pleasure of seeing the patio all done!

:-)ANNC-
Hope your son is recovering after the operation and that the problem is at last sorted out!

:-)SALLIE-
Hope things are well with you?

:-)MERSEY-
Another Hi to you! You are a big part of nearly all the gangs on the boards :-D :-D :-D

hi~~~~~~~~~~to anyone not mentioned Hope you are all coping with whatever life is throwing at you today!
Love Jem <3 <3

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 31 Mar 2014 21:13

Got my waggy finger to the ready Mers :-| :-| :-| :-| :-D

Naughty boy Shaun...we need to know! (so Mersey can sneaky pick your mushrooms while you're away!) ;-) :-D :-D :-D

Mersey

Mersey Report 31 Mar 2014 21:03

Right girliegoos I think its about time we all got together and tell Shaun off for not informing us of his hospital visit :-0 :-0 :-D :-D :-D <3 We all need to get our waggy fingers out to scare him, and warn him not to do it again..... :-D

I hope all gets sorted for you Shaun :-) <3 Love to you and M :-)

MagicWales

MagicWales Report 31 Mar 2014 20:23

Hello You Lovely Lot :-))))))))))))))
Well it was a lovely day yesterday with all the family, food great, company smashing and entertainment interesting:-))))))))) Did any of you watch Songs Of Praise ? Could you hear my Mum ? She about deafened us between her fixes from her inhailer :-)))))))))))))) with “ Swing Low Sweet Chariot “ flipping good job we were not at Cardiff Arms Park :-)))))).

Jude~~I hope the recent floods have not encouraged unwanted vermin .
Hope you are looking after yourself and not over doing things, how is Vic now.

Diane~~will be thinking of you tomorrow, keep your pecker up and think of The Land Of Song<3.

AnninGlos~~sounds as if you were spoiled on Sunday.

Von~~”swing-seat not out yet “ it's HIGH SUMMER:-))))))))))))))))
The heavy rain as got reed of the snow thank goodness, still got heavy rain and thunder at the moment.

Yvonne~~thank you for you PM, I have replied to it. There are an awful lot of bugs doing the rounds, hope you have got over the worst .

Mersey~~what are you “ Phewwwing “ about:-))) waggy finger coming out because you have been on the mountain nicking:-((((((((((((((((((.

I forgot to mention that I was at the hospital today for more tests, been a long day, one day they might find out what is causing the problems in my legs and feet. According to the other tests there is no blood clot anywhere, the pills I'm on are supposed to stop fluid retention which they are not and the sore on my foot was looking good but now a bit weepy and quite sore.

Bethan~~glad the chavs have vacated , hope the new occupants will be okay.
I cannot keep up with you at the moment, yesterday I thought you were in Wales, today your in Switzerland, is it any wonder why I get confused:-)))))))

Tec~~how are you getting on, have you been out again in the garden?
Don't over do it will you, it's no good me telling you that because your like me:-)))))))))

Sorry not mentioned you all, but I'm thinking of you <3

You all take care
night nigt
shaun

Mersey

Mersey Report 31 Mar 2014 18:49

Shaun just got my email thanks sweetypie, im well chuffed, made me smile, I
almost forgot :-D :-D :-D ;-), yes im listening :-P :-D :-D :-D <3

Mersey

Mersey Report 31 Mar 2014 16:58

Certainly Bethan....just nibble on them they are strong :-D :-D ;-)

Hope you are having a great time :-D <3

Welshkitty

Welshkitty Report 31 Mar 2014 16:51

Afternoon all ,

Well I am knackered :-0 :-) Spent day on course near Swiss valley at a reservoir somewhere up in that area anyway lol I had a few dizzy spells so was worried I would miss canoeing but I was in one with the project leader so was safe and included in the activity , we then stopped made a fire and had a cuppa and someone brought fresh eggs so some people had egg buttys :-D

Sadly this morning I was informed one of my teachers from school who was also a friend of my mum lost her battle with cancer :-( She was such a lovely person always made me laugh and always smiling .

Diane: Thanks it's so nice not hearing anything from next door it feels so normal lol Hope like you say things improve so you can get out and about :-)

Von: Either it's in cyber space or the gremlins that hide stuff are at it again lol I am using the volunteering as help with jobs in the future and a social aspect either way it should all be good moves :-)

Silverbuddy: Hope you feel better soon :-)

Shaun: Hope all went ok at hospital :-)

Mersey : Pass me spare mushrooms for my tea please ;-)

To everyone else hope all well .

Bethan <3 <3 <3

Mersey

Mersey Report 31 Mar 2014 16:36

Hi Shaun....phewwwww :-) <3 hope everything went ok and no I didnt pinch the mshrooms while you were away...........must be off soon im having stuffed mushrooms for tea and I need to prepare my stuffing :-D :-D :-D ;-)

Shaun put your waggy finger away I know I is daft <3 <3

MagicWales

MagicWales Report 31 Mar 2014 16:15

Booooooooooooooooooooo From The Cave :-) :-) :-)

Just booted up, forget to say but had a hospital visit today to see Neurologist.
Will try and chat late, knackerd at the moment .
Got to check out a few PMs.

Hope you are all okay

Shaun

SilverBuddy

SilverBuddy Report 31 Mar 2014 13:31

To all the MUm's hope you all had a lovely Mothering Sunday yesterday.

Shuan, I have messaged you.

Jude, I have also messaged you re: meeting up when you are here.

Sorry folks the brain isn't working properly. Trying to shake off another of these blooming colds/flu type things. Can't believe how many I keep picking up.

Have read back this page glad to see so many of you doing well one way or another. Speak soon.

Bye for now. Make the most of your day. ~~~~~~~~~~to all.

Von

Von Report 31 Mar 2014 11:13

Morning all
~~~~~~ to Mersey.

Diane - I did have a good day yesterday thank you. We had seen the family on Saturday. My OH always buys me flowers as well and son in USA sent flowers via M&S which arrived yesterday morning . A lovely surprise.
Son in USA phoned and granddaughter also phoned me.
Lovely that your granddaughter shares her flowers. I love flowers and welcome them at any time.

Bethan - I wrote a reply to you last night but it seems to be lost in cyber space :-S :-S
I was really pleased to hear that NFH had gone. I do hope you have a good time on your holiday.
I've found that voluntary work has lead to paid employment eventually so it's always a positive thing to do. Also a good thing to put on your CV when you are ready to look for work.

Shaun - Hope the snow has all gone. It's warm here again today but a bit hazy.
My shopping has been delivered so no more "mother hubbards" :-D :-D :-D

~~~~~~ to everyone
Have a good day
Take care
<3 Von

Mersey

Mersey Report 31 Mar 2014 10:00

Good morning to all :-D :-D <3 <3 <3 <3

Shaun hope you and M had a lovely day yesterday <3 <3

Diane

Diane Report 31 Mar 2014 01:09

Hello all :-)

thank you Von, I had a lovely 2 days, daughter came yesterday ( sat ) with card's from her and my grand-daughter's. She gave me an arrangement of fruit in a lovely metal fruit bowl which she had put together herself and a ceramic cup and placemat which both have Mum on.
My son came today with card's off him and his son, he is getting me some pyjama's which I suggested instead of chocolate's or flower's :-)
There is a lovely bouquet of white roses on my dining room table with my cards and fruit bowl but they are my grand-daughter's ( the one who live's with me ) they are off her boyfriend, when she get's flower's off him she alway's share's them with me ( bless her ) so I can enjoy them :-)
Hope you had a nice day too <3

Bethan good new's about the chavs next door and I hope your new neighbour's are a better family. I'm not to bad still struggling with the getting out thing but hopefully that will improve.
Good to hear you are working through your problem's and enjoying your voluntary work. Hope the Holiday does you good and you have a great time :-D

Shaun I hope your mother enjoyed her surprise meal with all her family, it sounded delicious :-)

~~~~~~~~~ to all who drop in :-) <3

Welshkitty

Welshkitty Report 30 Mar 2014 21:03

Evening all :-D

Finally I can sit down and see what's happening :-) Today has been strange I ordered flowers for my mum as I kept a note of the last flowers she had and whilst preparing them in the pot I started crying :-( It still catches me off guard at times.

In better news you will never guess what ? ....... The chavs have gone :-D :-D There was no warning but found out she had found a house and got the keys Thursday by Friday evening gone ! The house is still full of rubbish and it's damaged from how they were but for now they are gone , we just hope next lot are decent and no shouting and swearing or partying until 5am .

Hol is fast approaching and I am both nervous and excited . The to do list is now 100% me being the boss of so finally is getting done .

Volunteering is going well still just one morning a week but it's a start for me to get out and meet others and help me back to some normality , the hospital course I am on tomorrow we are due to canoe somewhere Llanelli way but no actual clue where , I literally just go with the flow lol

Shaun: You can try and fit in my suitcase but the amount of stuff I will be taking I doubt there will be room ;-) How are you and OH ? I want snow also is my order in the post ?

Jemima: Promise I am not over doing stuff :-D What a lovely surprise for you with the visit .

Sylvia: Hope OH ok . Happy belated birthday to your daughter <3 <3 How is your knee?

Jude: I will keep up the good work :-) It's tiring but I'm enjoying . Blinking eck you and your family sound like you all are having a busy time ! Do you need to borrow Leo for the critter in the house ?

Tec: Nice to read you have been outside and getting stuff sorted :-) Can't believe how you are still not getting full care that you need !

Mersey : Thank you I am counting down the days :-)

Diane : Hope all well with you :-D

Von: Sounds like Shrek was good .

To all not mentioned hope all are ok .

Bethan <3 <3

Von

Von Report 30 Mar 2014 20:22

~~~~~~~ to everyone.
Ann - Shrek was wonderful. Granddaughter was the fairy godmother and grandson was the ginger bread man.
They both played their parts very well .Grandson lost his place a bit but improvised so well I don.t think anyone noticed. :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D
It was part of a variety performance which involved over 100 children of all ages from 4-16.
They were all so talented. A very enjoyable evenings entertainment. :-D

Tec - Sorry to hear that operation didn't go according to plan.Do hope you have recovered from the journey and the trauma of the day.

Shaun - Hope you've had a good day and enjoyed your Mum;s visit. Lunch sounded yummy.
The swing isn't out yet. We have unwrapped the children's climbing frame so it's ready for them when they come to stay.

Jude - Hope you discover what's making the noise you can hear.
Enjoy your visit to see littlies when you go.
Did the boxes work?

Diane - good to see you. Hope you've had a good day.

Take care
<3 Von

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 30 Mar 2014 17:58

Happy mothers day to all mums. We are of course with grandson and his girlfriend so guess who is cooking? Grandson is in charge of the apple and rhubarb crumble. I have a chicken and all the veg roasting. Girlfriend is veggie so grandson should have sorted that.

I had cards from both children and an An
Amazon voucher from daughter

Jem, how lovely to see your brother. Yes looking forward to seeing the patio finished.

Shaun I hope Mum enjoyed her meal with you.

Tec sorry it didn't work but glad you are home.

Von how was the Shrek performance.

Jude hope Vic enjoyed his ramble. Did you see that Shaun thought that was a vole on your feeder?

Sylvia it was April showers here last week, I love it when the clocks go forward.

Diane

Diane Report 30 Mar 2014 12:31

Hi all :-)

Happy mother's day to all mum's <3

Shaun I'm on my way to your's for that lovely roast dinner " YUM YUM here I come "

Hope you are all well and coping ~~~~~~~ to all of you :-) <3