General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Gift subscriptions

Genes Reunited gift subscription

Do you know someone interested in discovering their family history?

You can now buy a gift subscription to Genes Reunited so they can research their family tree.

Buy gift or redeem gift

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Do You Live In * $parkling * WALES?

Page 10 + 1 of 635

1. «
  2. 11
  3. 12
  4. 13
  5. 14
  6. 15
  7. 16
  8. 17
  9. 18
  10. 19
  11. 20
  12. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 2 Apr 2014 14:19

That would be nice Von. :-)

Von

Von Report 2 Apr 2014 14:17

Sorry Ann
You posted as I was typing.
Hope we have some good weather so you can sit out and enjoy the patio.

Von

Von Report 2 Apr 2014 14:15

I'm saying nuffin but too many mushrooms come to mind ;-) ;-) ;-)

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 2 Apr 2014 14:14

Diane I am sorry about your frustrating annoying news yesterday. Is there anything else you can do?

Bethan, pleased that you had a good day at the shop and that the neighbours have collected more of their stuff.

Shaun :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-S :-S

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 2 Apr 2014 14:12

Well the patio is finished and a good job they have done too. Of course now it is down to us to put the finishing touches. two sides are bordered by slate beds so now we need more slate, hopefully we can get that tomorrow. Then we need to sort out the pots that came off the old patio, hostas in most of them, just cosmetic bits really. the patio is made of what they call cobbles. to me it looks like the old victorian paths, different sized 'bricks' put together like a jigsaw. I didn't really know what to expect but I like it, it is very attractive.

raining a bit now, probably bringing down more of the Sahara!!! Both cars are covered in it, don't need any more.

I haven't read back, will do now.

Mersey

Mersey Report 2 Apr 2014 14:09

You said that not us !! :-D :-D :-D ;-)

MagicWales

MagicWales Report 2 Apr 2014 14:08

:-0 :-0 :-0 :-0 :-0 :-0 :-0 :-0 :-0 :-0 :-0 :-0 :-0 :-0 :-0 :-0 :-0 :-0 :-0 :-0 :-0 :-0 :-0 :-0 :-0 :-0 :-0
;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) i think im going funny :-(

Von

Von Report 2 Apr 2014 14:03

Runs on to thread>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> really breathless
Sorry I'm late boss. ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-)

Mersey

Mersey Report 2 Apr 2014 13:58

Oooooerrrrr....Attention!! :-D :-D :-D :-D ;-)

MagicWales

MagicWales Report 2 Apr 2014 13:56

hello you lovely lot :-) :-)

im tying to read back and make notes SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO stand by your beds i will be back later :-) :-)

from him offfffffffffffffffffff the mountain :-) :-)

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 2 Apr 2014 13:12

Good Afternoon Shaun and Welsh Thread Friends- Hope you are all having a good day :-) :-) <3 <3

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 2 Apr 2014 04:10

Hi Shaun, and everyone

It was physio day today ............... he really worked on my knee ....... he doesn't think it is structural (ie, not arthritic), but the muscles in my thigh have tightened, so I've been given some exercises to do.

If it doesn't improve in the next 2 weeks, then he will ask for an Xray to be done to be sure that he there is nothing there.

It was a lovely sunny day, and quite warm. The skies were clear, and there were the most wonderful views over to the mountains to the north of here. Fresh snow had fallen in the last week, so the mountain tops were just gorgeous!

Meanwhile, I'm still Hopalong Cassidy :-)

Everything to do with the cabin is now finished ............ we picked up 24 post-dated cheques from the Notary yesterday. Now all we have to do is remember to deposit the relevant one on the right day each month :-)

Mother's Day is in May for us.

take care everyone

s
xx

Von

Von Report 1 Apr 2014 22:39

Diane
I'm so sorry to hear that.
Thinking of you
<3

Welshkitty

Welshkitty Report 1 Apr 2014 22:38

Evening all ,

Had a lovely day in charity shop today :-) Saw chavs today luckily just removing more stuff from next door :-D

Mersey : Thanks for the mushrooms ;-)

Shaun: Nope still in Wales :-) Make sure of rest no zooming about the place !

Jemima: We had mist too it was a bit creepy lol Next time we go to canoe and I shout for you from the reservoir :-D

Von: enjoy the sun :-)

AnnInglos: Your lawn should be ok trust me after the stuff that was put on mine and it's still alive I'm sure yours will be ok .We are praying for nice neighbours but for now just enjoying silence is nice :-)

Diane: Sorry to hear you lost appeal *hugs*

To everyone looking in hope you are well

Bethan <3 <3 <3

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 1 Apr 2014 21:52

Hi Diane- So sorry that you lost your appeal :-( :-( :-( <3

Diane

Diane Report 1 Apr 2014 21:51

Hello all,

Shaun I was the one who was April fooled :-(
Lost my appeal.

~~~~~~~ to everyone and hope you all had a better day than I had <3

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 1 Apr 2014 21:47

Von he had ten I think.

MagicWales

MagicWales Report 1 Apr 2014 20:01

Hello Gang,
Just a quickie, just booted up so have not read back to see what you have been up to. The last couple of days have caught up with me so been flat most of the day with legs hanging from the chandeliers :-) :-) doctors orders, there not quite hanging from the chandeliers, my sense of humor is getting the better of me :-) :-).

Hope you are all managing and of course being good like me. <3

Take care and Night night

Shaun

Von

Von Report 1 Apr 2014 17:29

Ann
I can sympathise with your OH. I bought a packet of tomato seeds this morning and when I opened the packet was horrified to find that there were only nine seeds in the packet. :-0 :-0 :-0
They had better grow
<3 Von

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 1 Apr 2014 17:02

We had a very misty start to the day and quite chilly but like Von by about 2pm the sun came out and it was very warm in the garden, spent a couple of hours pottering in the garden and planting on 16 tots(plug plants) for my baskets later. They are now in the conservatory. OH has spent all afternoon planting seeds in the greenhouse. He was disgusted that his yellow (can't remember which sort) tomatoes had less than half the seeds that were in the packet last year.

The builders were here today preparing the ground for the bottom patio, having wheeled all the bricks, cement etc up and down the lawn I am wondering if it will ever recover, it is a muddy patch now.

I came in intending to make some cards but was so tired I couldn't be bothered. Can't stand the pace obviously. :-(

i have read back but can't remember what I read except that Bethan said the neighbours have gone. Get the flags out Bethan. I hope this is permanently gone and you now get some nice neighbours. :-) :-) :-) <3